Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add Layer Groups to Maps

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there. Multiple story buildings are a hassle to use on Roll20. Whether I have my players in a new map or off to the side, they basically lose any awareness of what's happening in other parts of the map where they would see, unless I recreate everything. I think there should be an option to add/remove layer groups. One group would be set as Group 1, and would be permanent. But other groups could be added or removed with little UI buttons In this added layer group, adding a map token with transparency would show map and token layers of the group beneath, but otherwise act as its' own set. So If I had a second story room map, I could add a layer group, add the room map, add UDL, add roofing tokens for the tops of single-story buildings, but the street and the tokens on it would still be visible. Token transparency between the groups would adjustable, like with the GM layer, so that players would know that the token is on a layer below them. I would be able to move character tokens between them in the new UI just by copy-pasting. I understand this could be a lot of work, but this is a critical feature that could add in a lot more versatility and user capability. UI concept below.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .