Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat menu Help

Edited 1693001526
So I need some help. I'm trying to use a collection tab macro (so all the players can have it as a token action) to open up a chat menu that links back to a sheet where all the macros are stored. If you do it from that sheet then it works, If you have the collection tab macro open and click test macro then it works, once you save it and try to click the token action I get this in the chat  #Healing Potions   Where am I going wrong here? &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Potions of Healing}} {{description=[Standard healing](~Potions of Healing|Standard healing) [Greater healing](~Potions of Healing|Greater healing) [Superior healing](~Potions of Healing|Superior healing) [Supreme healing](~Potions of Healing|Supreme healing)}}

Edited 1693004445
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Master Azroth,  My suggestion is to avoid putting macros in the Collection tab. Put them in a Macro Mule  then call those macros from the Collection tab.  Example:  Macro Mule has Potions of Healing (the chat menu) On the same Macro Mule, or another sheet, are your healing macros such as Standard Healing, Greater Healing, etc.  Next, in the Collection tab you make a macro to call the Potions of Healing macro from the Mule.  IOW: the only macros in the collection tab are the ones that call the macros from the mule. This avoids a number of issues with macros in the collection tab.  Finally, what is your "Standard Healing" macro? Greater Healing macro? Etc. 
Can you post a screenshot of the macro on the character sheet, and the collection macro that calls it, and the Collections tab where the macro is located? What code are you using the Collection macro? Do you have more than one ‘Potion’ character (whatever the name of the Macro Mule is) in the journal?

Edited 1693013002
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Macros cannot have spaces in the name. When you created the macro, Healing Potions will have been changed to Healing-Potions so when you try to run a macro called Healing Potions you'll just get its name in the chat. That happens when Roll20 cant find a macro of the name you're using.
GiGs said: Macros cannot have spaces in the name. When you created the macro, Healing Potions will have been changed to Healing-Potions so when you try to run a macro called Healing Potions you'll just get its name in the chat. That happens when Roll20 cant find a macro of the name you're using. That worked thanks. I didn't think it was a problem since it was working when done from the sheet but now it works.