Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Identify Character Sheet used

kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
Currently, there are 2 sheets for Starfinder - the official Roll20 one, and the "Simple Sheet". I am updating my script and I'd like it to support both sheets (rather than 2 separate scripts). To do that, I need to figure out how to ask the campaign which sheet it is using. How do I do that?

Edited 1693186521
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The by Roll20 sheet has a character_sheet attribute that should have a value like "Starfinder v1.0071566306000". I'm not sure if Roll20 is still updating the version number or not, but you should be able to look for that attribute and know if the by Roll20 sheet is used or not. Alternatively, put a chat (or handout) menu in your script that lets users tell it which sheet they are using.

Edited 1693187640
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
Scott C. said: The by Roll20 sheet has a character_sheet attribute that should have a value like "Starfinder v1.0071566306000". I'm not sure if Roll20 is still updating the version number or not, but you should be able to look for that attribute and know if the by Roll20 sheet is used or not. Alternatively, put a chat (or handout) menu in your script that lets users tell it which sheet they are using. Thanks! I saw that attribute but I was hoping to do this without creating a new character or resorting to asking the GM. Oh, well - I already have the script creating a message on startup, I could always tell it to also create a single character to query data.  You have been most helpful! Thank you so very much!
kahn265
Pro
API Scripter
kahn265 said: Scott C. said: The by Roll20 sheet has a character_sheet attribute that should have a value like "Starfinder v1.0071566306000". I'm not sure if Roll20 is still updating the version number or not, but you should be able to look for that attribute and know if the by Roll20 sheet is used or not. Alternatively, put a chat (or handout) menu in your script that lets users tell it which sheet they are using. Thanks! I saw that attribute but I was hoping to do this without creating a new character or resorting to asking the GM. Oh, well - I already have the script creating a message on startup, I could always tell it to also create a single character to query data.  You have been most helpful! Thank you so very much! Oh Wait! Since Guidance's main function is to import stats into an existing sheet. It'd be easy just to wait until importing actually started and THEN determine the state. I'm a dumbass for not thinking of that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Scott C. said: The by Roll20 sheet has a character_sheet attribute that should have a value like "Starfinder v1.0071566306000". I'm not sure if Roll20 is still updating the version number or not, but you should be able to look for that attribute and know if the by Roll20 sheet is used or not. Alternatively, put a chat (or handout) menu in your script that lets users tell it which sheet they are using. I really, really wish that the sheet choice was part of the  campaign  object. That would make a lot of things simpler.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Agree, and it's on that list we made. keithcurtis said: Scott C. said: The by Roll20 sheet has a character_sheet attribute that should have a value like "Starfinder v1.0071566306000". I'm not sure if Roll20 is still updating the version number or not, but you should be able to look for that attribute and know if the by Roll20 sheet is used or not. Alternatively, put a chat (or handout) menu in your script that lets users tell it which sheet they are using. I really, really wish that the sheet choice was part of the  campaign  object. That would make a lot of things simpler.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Agreed!