Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animating tokens questions

Ive been tryin to figure this out for quite awhile now and ive almost got it puzzled out but i still have one issue. When i import it into roll20 it will animate when i hover my pointer over the token in the sidebar but when i drag it to the map it goes blurry and doesnt animate. Strange thing is that when i did it the first time they animated and now they dont anymore :(
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are these gifs you're putting in chat with the [x](imageurl) format?  I've never tried dragging images that way, always from the local file system.  If that is what you're doing, try downloading them and then dragging them in that way.
Yea ive made them on my end using a gif maker then uploaded them.
Is it the same problem whatever map layer you drag them on ?
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
You have to save them as .webm files to use in Roll20. And I've found sometimes even those are buggy.
hmm webm...that might be it
yea its saved as a gif, and my current site i use doesnt have the option to save it as a webm file. Anyone know a free site that allows that?
well ill be d***ed i found a free site and tried it. it seems to have worked. Thanks for all the input.