Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple Template Quarry

So let me start with saying this, I run a game with my friends and we all have young kids so some of my players are not at their computer all the time they are up on their headset helping a kid or spouse with something small, then the come back. So they have me roll for them sometimes. which not a big deal. but what i'm trying to set up is a macro that i can put on their token that is a quarry that has all the skills and i can roll for them without having to open their sheet. I want all the roll to look the same so i am trying to use the simple template but i can not seem to get it to work. i only have three skills on there right now because that is all i was going to add for testing. i have tried a few different way to configure this.  Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong and help me get it fixed. Below is what i am putting into the macro. i would greatly appreciate it.  &{template:simple} {{?{Skill Roll| ACROBATICS, {{rname=Acrobatics}} {{mod=Dex}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]}} {{charname=@{character_name}}  | ANIMAL HANDLING, {{rname=Animal Handling}} {{mod=Wis}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{animal_handling_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{animal_handling_bonus}]]}} {{charname=@{character_name}}  | ARCANA, {{rname=Arcana}} {{mod=INT}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{arcana_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{arcana_bonus}]]}}          {{charname=@{character_name}}  }
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
While it's possible to do this with a query, a chat menu is a much better choice as it doesn't require the html replacements or get corrupted by the macro editor. Wiki page:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menus" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menus</a>
I agree with Scott C. that a chat menu will be much easier to implement. I'm guessing that you're using the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' character sheet (based on the 'simple' template in your macro), and if so then you may be interested in the D&amp;D Statblock Macro Mule approach . And since you have a Pro subscription you can load the Macro Mule with the included script, so you'll be ready to go with it in just a few minutes.

Edited 1694539102
But to answer your question: you had a few errors in your code. Here's a working 'ACROBATICS' section: ACROBATICS,rname=Acrobatics&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{mod=Dex&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{always=1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r1=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r2=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{charname=@{character_name } &amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; | Compared with your section: ACROBATICS, {{ rname=Acrobatics&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{mod=Dex&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r1=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{always=1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r2=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{charname=@{character_name&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&nbsp; | You had an extra set of opening braces before the 'rname'. I also suggest eliminating any extra spaces in any query outputs. You were also missing a closing brace after @{character_name You had the vertical pipe seperator on its own line, but it needs to be at&nbsp; end of the line before&nbsp; or&nbsp; at the start of the line after. It can't be on its own line. (Edited - thanks GiGs!) Here is working code for the first three attributes: &amp;{template:simple} {{?{Skill Roll| ACROBATICS,rname=Acrobatics&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{mod=Dex&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{always=1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r1=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r2=[[1d20+@{acrobatics_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{charname=@{character_name}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;| ANIMAL HANDLING,rname=Animal Handling&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{mod=Wis&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{always=1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r1=[[1d20+@{animal_handling_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r2=[[1d20+@{animal_handling_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{charname=@{character_name}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;| ARCANA,rname=Arcana&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{mod=INT&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{always=1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r1=[[1d20+@{arcana_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{r2=[[1d20+@{arcana_bonus}]]&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{charname=@{character_name}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; }}}

Edited 1694539033
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jarren said: You had the vertical pipe seperator on its own line, but it needs to be on the same line as the item that precedes it. Just to clarify here - it cen be on the end of the line before or at the start of the line after, but it can't be on its own line.
it is working thanks everyone. I know that the chat menu is a option but i don't the time right not to look up how it works but i do appreciate the advice and the link. thank you.
Nicholus F. said: it is working thanks everyone. I know that the chat menu is a option but i don't the time right not to look up how it works but i do appreciate the advice and the link. thank you. If you want the quick version it should take you less than 2 minutes: 1. Import my script from here &nbsp;into your game (click on 'New Script on the Mod (API) Scripts page and cut-and-paste the code into the window) 2. Load the game and type !macromule 3. Click on the ' Create/Refresh Macro Mule ' button 4. Click on the 'Create/Refresh Collection Macros' button 5. Select any token and use the new Token Action buttons (specifically 'Rolls' for their skill rolls)
Nicholus F. said: it is working thanks everyone. I know that the chat menu is a option but i don't the time right not to look up how it works but i do appreciate the advice and the link. thank you. I highly recommend&nbsp; Jarren's Macro Mule .&nbsp; It's been a miracle cure for managing NPC and PC rolls.