Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Divine Smite macro Help

I need some help with a macro. So a player wants a  Divine Smite macro so I looked around the forums and found this %{selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack} ?{Divine Smite?| No,! | 1st,{{r1=[[2d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 2nd,{{r1=[[3d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 3rd,{{r1=[[4d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 4rd,{{r1=[[5d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 5rd,{{r1=[[5d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 6rd,{{r1=[[5d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 7rd,{{r1=[[5d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 8rd,{{r1=[[5d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}| 9rd,{{r1=[[5d8 + ?{Fiend or Undead?|No, 0|Yes, 1d8}]]}}} &{template:simple} {{rname=Divine Smite}} {{normal=1}} {{charname=Radiant}} She will have access to 9th level spell slots so that's why it goes up to 9th but the damage doesn't change. I like this macro because it rolls the attack in the 1st slot on your sheet and the smite all as one attack roll. However the smite doesn't crit.  We are also using the OGL roll20 companion so it would be nice if it took off the correct spell slot also if that can be done.

Edited 1694617090
Gauss
Forum Champion
I use an entirely different solution, I create a spell slot and call it Divine Smite. In that spell slot I roll the damage. I put the following in the body of the spell, set the spell to a spellcard.  When you hit a creature with a melee weapon Attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon’s damage. The extra damage is [[[[{[[[[?{Cast at what level? 1|Level 1,1|Level 2,2|Level 3,3|Level 4,4|Level 5,5|Level 6,6|Level 7,7|Level 8,8|Level 9,9}]]+1]], 5}kl1]]d8]] (2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot). The damage increases by [[1d8]] (1d8) if the target is an Undead or a Fiend, to a maximum of 6d8. If critical add: [[[[{[[[[?{Cast at what level? 1|Level 1,1|Level 2,2|Level 3,3|Level 4,4|Level 5,5|Level 6,6|Level 7,7|Level 8,8|Level 9,9}]]+1]], 5}kl1]]d8]] plus [[1d8]] if the target is an Undead or a Fiend. Then I put a button in the description of each of their attacks. That button calls the spell.  Example: [Divine Smite?](~Neg|repeating_spell-1_-NDztPXaN52gij2cB9tR_spell) So they make the attack, and then if desired they hit Divine Smite from the attack roll in chat. Then it asks the level etc.  As for Smite damage being rolled with the attack, it shouldn't be. Smite should never be rolled before the attack is completed because by rule it is a decision made after the attack.
I do kind of like that, but we use autobuttons in our game so it would be a lot easier if it all rolled as apart of the attack 
I ended up just using this as an additional attack roll (?{Critical Hit|No,1|Yes,2} * (1 + ?{Spell Slot|1st level,1|2nd level,2|3rd level,3|4th level+,4} + ?{Undead or Fiend|No,0|Yes,1}))d8 Thank you for your help