Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(Help) Using Roundmaster to add/create a custom turn tracker item

Hi everyone, As the title suggests, I am trying to use Roundmaster for a specific purpose.  I would like to use it to emulate the cooldown of monster abilities in my custom game mode. Before, I was using Add Invisible Custom Turn (AICT) for this purpose but the script is no longer working. Trying to reference any item within the turn tracker while an item created by AICT is present bricks my game with an error message: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'toLowerCase') I read up on RoundMaster on the Roll20 Wiki and can't figure out exactly how to do what I want. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated. Here's the deal: Whenever an enemy unit uses a specific spell with a cooldown, add it as a custom gm layer item with a custom value and name, and a round calculation value of -1 I have not yet been able to do this, and since AICT is still out of use for me in the specific case, I must admit I'm at a loss here. Thanks in advance for the help, Boris.

Edited 1697535569
Richard @ Damery
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Boris, Sorry its taken me so long to reply to this thread.  If you are still having the issue, here's what I would do in RoundMaster to do what you want. There are several options open to you, but this is the simplest: Set a status on the enemy unit (or whichever token used the spell) by adding the following command to the end of the spell definition (or somewhere that will run the command when the spell is used): !rounds --target caster|@{selected|token_id}|cooldown|[[duration]]|-1|Waiting for cooldown|stopwatch This will add a stopwatch token marker to the enemy unit selected when this is run which will disappear when the cooldown period ends. If you want, you can add Effects to your own custom effects database with any commands that you want run when the cooldown starts, each turn during the cooldown, and when the cooldown finishes.  For instance, if the spell is in a specific slot on the character sheet, you could blank that slot with the cooldown-start effect macro, and reinstate the spell in the cooldown-end macro. This will require the use of ChatSetAttr API & the syntax @{^^cname^^|sheet_field_name} to set & access fields.  Refer to the Effects Database Help  handout and the RoundMaster Help  handout which are loaded to your campaign when RoundMaster is installed. If you need further help, let me know either here, or in the RPGMaster forum, or via a pm. All the best, Richard
Richard @ Damery said: Hi Boris, Sorry its taken me so long to reply to this thread.  If you are still having the issue, here's what I would do in RoundMaster to do what you want. Hi Richard, Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it. With a new campaign creeping up on me (a few weeks away) and a lot of preparation work ahead of me, I had to find a workaround, but again, I want to reiterate my thanks for the detailed answer. If I ever get the time to explore my original idea some more, I will go back to your propositions. Thanks again!