Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E possible bug on Death Saves, adds a mysterious Modifier

So, one of my players had to do a death save, and as I was going through the session for my notes I noticed it added a +1 modifier. I can't figure out why. I tried with another character, it didn't add it. I tried it with her sheet, and it was added again. I clicked the cogwheel and saw there is a place to add a modifier, but it still says 0. is this a bug?
Does that player have an item equipped that gives saving throw bonuses, like a ring of protection?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A bless or other universal save modifier would also affect the roll.
Rick A. said: Does that player have an item equipped that gives saving throw bonuses, like a ring of protection? I didn’t even think about the ring, I didn’t realize that helped death rolls. Thank you!! i with the mood would have said where it came from. Thanks again.  Devs ignore this post ;)