Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Global damage modifiers activating on Spell macros

I have the Eldritch Blast Cantrip.  I dragged that down to my macro bar so I can use it easier.  However when I click it all my Global Attack and Damage modifiers that I have created for my Melee attacks activate and I have to go through the checklists and options for them both on attack and damage.   It is not a huge deal but I was wondering if there was a way for them not to activate on everything.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The Eldritch Blast cantrip is an attack, therefore subject to any Global Attack and Damage modifiers. However, if there are Global Attack and Damage modifiers which are not appropriate your best bet is to deselect them before making the attack.  Alternately, you can use the code for the attack instead of the command, and edit out the code for the Global modifiers.  A third option would be to change the modifiers. If you show what they are there may be better ways to incorporate them. 
Hey Gauss, Thanks for the reply.   I understand the first option and I had not thought about just unchecking that under the GAM and GDM areas.  I however don't know what you mean by using the code vs the command.   Sorry still learning macro stuff.   Either way thanks again for the help. Gauss said: The Eldritch Blast cantrip is an attack, therefore subject to any Global Attack and Damage modifiers. However, if there are Global Attack and Damage modifiers which are not appropriate your best bet is to deselect them before making the attack.  Alternately, you can use the code for the attack instead of the command, and edit out the code for the Global modifiers.  A third option would be to change the modifiers. If you show what they are there may be better ways to incorporate them. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Malaiit! When you make an attack, depending on the sheet, it sends a block of code to the chat window called a Roll Template. You can typically find this code by clicking in the chat input window and pressing the up arrow key. This text can be copied and pasted into a custom ability on the Attributes and Abilities tab of your character journal. You can edit this so that it ignores the global modifiers, and run your eldritch blast from the ability. There are options on the ability to make it a macro bar macro, or a token action if you prefer.