Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens not associated with sheets. Sheets completely missing

Edited 1695775005
AGAIN. Why is roll20 doing this AGAIN. You're a pretty picture on the map. connected to a bunch of information on the character sheet. Thats ALL I need roll20 to be. Roll20 does absolutely nothing without that step and link being there. So why does this KEEP. And i mean KEEP breaking? It's your core feature quit doing things that mess with it. edit: there seems to be some new thing where the sheet pops out where you try to pick it up. Firefox isn't allowing the pop ups. How do you turn it back to not being a pop up?

Edited 1695778846
Gauss
Forum Champion
HI BigNorseWolf,  The Bug Report forum is primarily for users helping users, as there isn't much a user can do to help here I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center .  Edit: regarding the sheet popping out, there is a button for that on the Character in the top left corner. Or you may have it set to pop out in the settings tab under Personalization and Display.
I don't see a button selecting to pop out or anything really in the upper left corner. Could you take another whack at describing where that option is supposed to be or snag a screenshot?
and now this is broken too.
If this is doing this to anyone else, that's the option . Did this get defaulted to on or something? I have no idea why it activated.
BigNorseWolf said: If this is doing this to anyone else, that's the option . Did this get defaulted to on or something? I have no idea why it activated. On your screenshot it shows you have VTTES enabled... this might be the cause...

Edited 1695798089
Gauss
Forum Champion
As TheMarkus1204 indicated, anytime you use an extension it can cause issues with Roll20. Especially extensions that directly modify how Roll20 works.  In the future if you have an issue with Roll20 it is a good idea to troubleshoot any extensions that may be modifying how Roll20 works.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
BigNorseWolf said: If this is doing this to anyone else, that's the option . Did this get defaulted to on or something? I have no idea why it activated. Hi BigNorseWolf! It doesn't default to popout, since popped out character sheets are convenient for some reasons, but break functionality for drag and drop (due to how browser windows work). My guess is that you accidentally mis-clicked without realizing it at some point. It happens to us all. And of course, it's certainly possible VTTES might be interfering; it's been years since I last installed that. The few features I liked weren't worth the hassle.
I doubt its VTTS because it also happened on chrome. If vtts is available on chrome I don't have it Firefox in general seems borked lately. Doubly so when it tries to roll 20, even the roll20 forums.
It isn't vtts. It has never been vtts.  This gets checked when something happens in Chrome as well, because there is no vtts in chrome.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I was pointing it out as a thing to rule out via testing. You've eliminated that. Also, the popout issue has been solved? Which leaves only the original problem of missing character sheets? Could you describe better the symptoms? Are the actual character journals missing from the game? Is the sheet tab missing from the journal? Or is the link between token and sheet broken/missing? If it's the first, that sounds pretty serious, and should be addressed by a  Help Center Request . It's beyond community help. If it's the second, this often happens when a game is copied and the creator forgets to choose a sheet. If this is not the case, we can rule that out. If it's the third, this is usually the case of a order of events issue. Usually changes made after the default token is assigned. This is a case where an extension like VTTES could be a possible culprit, if you are using their token editing interface. Roll20 has made changes to the default token system (which in itself could be a problem—I know I've had unexpected results). Some other things to consider: Does anyone else in the game have GM privileges who may have changed things in your absence? Do all tokens or sheets have this problem, or just some of them? If only some of them, is there a pattern: recent tokens?, compendium drags vs custom builds?