Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for a specific dice roll option (modulus and # of successes)

Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Looking for help with a specific dice roll. I know there is a simpler way to do this that is mathematically the same, but for the sake of argument, indulge me. Here's what I need the roll to do: Take a variable number of d6s (set by an attribute in the character sheet, or maybe a query). Roll that many dice. If the individual die is even, it is a success. If odd, it is not a success. Report the number of successes to the chat output. Ideally, I would then build a roll template that declares whether the roll succeeded at an easy, medium, or difficult task (1, 2, 3 successes), but that's for a later concern. The easy way to do this is to say that success is anything 4+ on a d6 and just use the target number option. But if I wanted to get convoluted and follow this particular setup, how would I build this roll? If anyone is wondering, this is the dice mechanic in John Wick's great game, Cat.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
To exactly mimic the game system's rolls, you'll need to use CRP . Technically, you could do it without it by having a sheetworker that builds the final roll in a hidden attribute that is referenced by your roll button, but that is probably more complicated in the long run than just using CRP.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks, Scott! I'll look into that!