Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Light - Mushroom Help

Hey folks, using dynamic lighting. I have this cavern with these cool mushrooms. They are part of the map image, though, not objects. I want to set them up to give off a faint light. I tried using the dynamic lighting "place light" thing, but that seems to give me bright light, and I can't figure out how to control the distance. If I put an object there, I can make it emit light and control the distance, but I can't find an object that matches what I want. What's the best way to handle it? Ideally I feel like if I could find some "blank" or "invisible" object that would be ideal, but I can't quite figure it out. Thanks!
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/roll20-tips-and-tricks-innovative-solutions-to-common-problems/?pageforid=6474374#post-6474374" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/roll20-tips-and-tricks-innovative-solutions-to-common-problems/?pageforid=6474374#post-6474374</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Steven! Two tips: To change the light values of a light token, just double click on it. It's actually just a plain old token and can be set however you like it Any object placed on the DL layer is invisible from any other layer. This includes lighting tokens, or any old graphic you have lying around. You don't need a special image.
Thanks guys. I tried placing a light token, and I modified it to have no bright light and only 5' of low light, but it's still generating quite a bit of light. For example, this character token has no light source and no dark vision. The light token is right where the monster token is. (The monster token has no vision.) Here are the settings for the light token: Any idea why the mushrooms are giving off so much light? It looks like they have lit 35' or more side to side.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I would try turning Bright Light on, set it to zero, turn it off.&nbsp;
Gauss said: I would try turning Bright Light on, set it to zero, turn it off.&nbsp; That seems to have done it, thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Interesting... Good tip, Gauss.