Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Increasing the size of the page to the left or up

I've tried looking for a solution to this problem, but all I can find are posts around 7-9 years ago or 3 years without any real replies. I want to see if there's a way to possibly increase the size of my pages, mostly maps, so that they extend to the left or to the top of the page (West or North), the board defaults to increasing the page to the right and down (East and South). This doesn't work when you've got countless drawn lines and use a hex grid, as left and down aren't equal, and you end up going diagonally. It also messes up with drawn lines, as they don't "align" to the grid properly when moved. I end up with tons of blank spaces or broken connections that would take so long to make correct, especially if I add more towns to the map. As you can see in the image, I want to go to the left, but I can't with the tools presented. CTRL+A does let me select everything, but again it does not align properly, even more so when I have Map, Token, and GM layer portions to move the same amount of space.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure if there's a script solution, but holding down Alt/Opt while moving disables grid snap, if that helps any.
keithcurtis said: Not sure if there's a script solution, but holding down Alt/Opt while moving disables grid snap, if that helps any. I know about the Alt movement, still gives the issue of having to move the 3 layers the same amount and having some of them be off for me to then go to each icon individually to line up with the grid. If I could avoid that, it'd be preferable, otherwise, it's repetitive fixing.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I have a script for this that I built a while back.  I've just adjusted it to work with Doors and Windows.  Once you have this installed, if you move something off the edge of the map layer, it will resize and reposition things as needed.  If you then remove those things, it will again resize to the bounds of all the objects on the map layer.  If you want, you can change the 4th line to false, and it will resize for any layer, but note that it can't distinguish between player and gm additions. on('ready',()=>{ const minPageX=10; const minPageY=10; const mapOnlyBounds=true; const fuzzFactor=1.0e-4; const bKeys=['left','top','width','height','rotation']; const d2r = (degrees) => degrees * (Math.PI/180); //const r2d = (radians) => radians * (180/Math.PI); const rotateOPA = (o,p,a) => { const r = d2r(a); const s = Math.sin(r); const c = Math.cos(r); let pp = { x: p.x-o.x, y: p.y-o.y }; return { x: (pp.x * c - pp.y * s)+o.x, y: (pp.x * s + pp.y * c)+o.y }; }; const oBounds = (o)=>{ let oB = _.reduce(bKeys,(mB,k)=>Object.assign(mB,{[k]:o.get(k)}),{}); const oC = {x: oB.left, y: oB.top}; const oR = o.get('rotation'); oB = { left: oB.left-Math.floor(oB.width/2), top: oB.top-Math.floor(oB.height/2), right: oB.left+Math.ceil(oB.width/2), bottom: oB.top+Math.ceil(oB.height/2) }; if(oR % 180){ let p1 = rotateOPA(oC, {x:oB.left, y:oB.top}, oR), p2 = rotateOPA(oC, {x:oB.right, y:oB.top}, oR), p3 = rotateOPA(oC, {x:oB.left, y:oB.bottom}, oR), p4 = rotateOPA(oC, {x:oB.right, y:oB.bottom}, oR); oB = { left: Math.min(p1.x,p2.x,p3.x,p4.x), top: Math.min(p1.y,p2.y,p3.y,p4.y), right: Math.max(p1.x,p2.x,p3.x,p4.x), bottom: Math.max(p1.y,p2.y,p3.y,p4.y) }; } return oB; }; const translateObjs = (objs,transform) => objs.forEach( (o) => o.set(Object.keys(transform).reduce( (m,k) => Object.assign(m, {[k]:o.get(k)-transform[k]}), {}) ) ); const resizePage = _.debounce((pageid) =>{ const page = getObj('page',pageid); let count = 0; if(page){ const objs = findObjs({pageid}); // will only be Graphics, Paths, Text let bounds = _.reduce(objs,(m,o)=>{ if(mapOnlyBounds && o.get('layer')!=='map'){ return m; } count++; let oB = oBounds(o); switch(o.get('type')){ case 'text': case 'path': case 'graphic': return { left: Math.min(m.left,oB.left), top: Math.min(m.top,oB.top), right: Math.max(m.right,oB.right), bottom: Math.max(m.bottom,oB.bottom) }; } return m; },{left:Infinity,top:Infinity,right:-Infinity,bottom:-Infinity}); if(count){ if(bounds.left || bounds.top){ translateObjs(objs, { x: bounds.left, y: -bounds.top, left: bounds.left, top: bounds.top }); bounds={ left: 0, top: 0, right: bounds.right-bounds.left, bottom: bounds.bottom-bounds.top }; } let uX=Math.max(minPageX,Math.ceil((bounds.right-fuzzFactor)/70)); let uY=Math.max(minPageY,Math.ceil((bounds.bottom-fuzzFactor)/70)); if(uX !== page.get('width') || uY !== page.get('height') ){ page.set({ width: uX, height: uY }); } } } },50); const handleMapLayerGraphic = (event, obj, prev)=>{ if(!mapOnlyBounds || obj.get('layer')=='map'){ switch(event){ case 'add:graphic': _.defer(()=>resizePage((getObj('graphic',obj.id)||{get:()=>{}}).get('pageid'))); break; case 'change:graphic': if(bKeys.reduce((m,k)=>m || obj.get(k)!=prev[k],false)){ _.defer(()=>resizePage(obj.get('pageid'))); } break; case 'destroy:graphic': _.defer(()=>resizePage(obj.get('pageid'))); break; } } }; ['add:graphic','change:graphic','destroy:graphic'].forEach((e)=>on(e,(o,p)=>handleMapLayerGraphic(e,o,p))); });
The Aaron said: I have a script for this that I built a while back.   This kind of worked, but a lot of the tokens are off-centre and a lot of the roads and text didn't get moved. All of this is by me, so no player-made drawings or notes.