Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

rolltemplate loosing rows

Edited 1699301578
The following rollltemplate behaves weird if you enter the same value for all three prompts X,Y,Z (e.g. 4,4,4): &{template:default} {{name=Difficulty}} {{d?{X|6}=[[1d?{X|6} ]]}} {{d?{Y|6}=[[1d?{Y|6}]]}} {{d?{Z|6}=[[1d?{Z|6}]]}} And to top it off, it behaves inconsistently. Here two D4 are shown. <missing image> Here only 1 row is lost: ... and finally 2/3 are lost <missing image> Edit 1: Can't paste multiple images it seems? The images ones showed 3 rows "D4" then 2 rows "D4" and one row "D4" Edit 2: Adding extra leading spaces seems to fix this &{template:default} {{name=Difficulty}} {{ d4=[[1d4]] }}{{ d4=[[1d6]] }}{{ d4=[[1d4]]}} Edit 3: Also if there is no leading space before the key it capitalizes it. I'd capitalize it, if I would have wanted to :). Is this implemented as a dictionary/map? Wouldn't it make sense to use an index? Why would I ever want to override a key?
You can post multiple images, but you need to save them first. Directly uploading as a screenshot without saving does not work... and as for your macro, it consistently showed me only one die. Tried it with 4 and 6... BUT I see one thing you CAN try: remove the space after the "{{d?{X|6}=[[1d?{X|6}" MAYBE this fixes your Problem... Wandler said: The following rollltemplate behaves weird if you enter the same value for all three prompts X,Y,Z (e.g. 4,4,4): &{template:default} {{name=Difficulty}} {{d?{X|6}=[[1d?{X|6} ]]}} {{d?{Y|6}=[[1d?{Y|6}]]}} {{d?{Z|6}=[[1d?{Z|6}]]}} And to top it off, it behaves inconsistently. Here two D4 are shown. <missing image> Here only 1 row is lost: ... and finally 2/3 are lost <missing image> Edit 1: Can't paste multiple images it seems? The images ones showed 3 rows "D4" then 2 rows "D4" and one row "D4" Edit 2: Adding extra leading spaces seems to fix this &{template:default} {{name=Difficulty}} {{ d4=[[1d4]] }}{{ d4=[[1d6]] }}{{ d4=[[1d4]]}} Edit 3: Also if there is no leading space before the key it capitalizes it. I'd capitalize it, if I would have wanted to :). Is this implemented as a dictionary/map? Wouldn't it make sense to use an index? Why would I ever want to override a key?