Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

mirror simulation help

Edited 1699610468
Hi I'd love to set up as a puzzle room for the players the mirror problem you have to rotate the mirrors so that the light leaving the arrow hits the yellow square Now: i was not able to find any way to simulate a mirror in the VTT but if you have any idea I'd love to hear it my solution was to set up a directional light with a 1° arc at the arrow and DL barriers at the center of every square a token on each square that emits light again directional and 1% simulates the light starting Using token-mod I plan to create two token action to rotate it 90° clockwise or counterclockwise to give the player the rotation capability on top of that I need another token-mod to possibly further rotate the light direction otherwise I can have a wrong result (as in the two images below) right wrong and one to turn off the light from the mirrors that are not touched so a little cumbersome but doable. BUT the solution requires ....spoiler...... that in one instance you reflect the light twice from both sides of  the same mirror!!! and I have no idea on how to do that. any suggestion on how to build a bidirectional focused light from a point? thanks Andrea
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I would simply copy the token when the players reach that point and then use your token mod macros on the copied token.