Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My Macro stop working

Please help, the first dropdown stop work when i decide to update it where am I doing wrong ? ?{Lore|Arkham,&{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Teste de Conhecimento (Lore)}}{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}}} {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}}}{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade|-1}}} {{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Lore}}}  /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{Arkham|Lore} +?{Dificuldade|-1}]]d6>@?{Condition|Normal,5|Bless,4|Cursed,6} |Outro Mundo, &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Teste de Conhecimento (Lore) - Outro Mundo}}{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}}}{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}}}{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade|-1}}} /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+?{Dificuldade|-1}}]]d6>@?{Condition|Normal,5|Bless,4|Cursed,6} |Usando Pista,&{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: Pista em Conhecimento (Lore)}} {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}}} /roll [[1+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{selected|Joe}]]d6>@?{Condition|Normal,5|Bless,4|Cursed,6}}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Nazamura, there were probably special character substitutions (a hack needed for nested query macros), but once you opened the macro to edit, the vtt converts the special characters which now breaks your macro. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Nesting_in_a_Roll_Query" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Nesting_in_a_Roll_Query</a> You'll need to substitute the special characters, back it up somewhere if you ever need/want to edit it in the future because it will convert them again if you ever open it. ;-( Another option is to use a "macro-mule" character that holds your macros so you don't have to worry about the vtt converting when editing. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macro_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macro_Character_Sheet</a> And finally, you could ditch the nested queries and create a chat menu. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_menus" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_menus</a> Cheers

Edited 1701654769
something happened because I made those macros in 2014, and I never needed to update them till today when I re-log and decided to gameplay again, and saw that I could do something to improve, and then "bam" it crashes... so any new rules on macros now? when you say "special characters" do you mean the Brazilian types? or latin-1 type? what I need is to work as previously, a nested querys but with &amp;{template:default} for beautiful outputs...

Edited 1701658096
What was the original macro that you used in 2014? Do you still have a copy of it? It had html entity substitutions in it (such as &amp;#125; instead of a } ).&nbsp; When you put html substitutions in a Collections Macro, it will save just fine. But as soon as you open the macro then those substitutions will be replaced and each &amp;#125; becomes a } .&nbsp; The other substitutions are for commas and vertical pipe characters if they are in nested queries.&nbsp; So you need to recopy the original macro with the html substitutions again, or else figure out which ones need to be substituted and recreate it.&nbsp;
unfortunatelly no, so, it seems that all } that are inside the red bracket should be replaced then? the other macros works exactly the same as this one, but they are still working (thanks to you i know if i hit save ill mess them up)
heh, i made the replacement, and the macro doesnt even open up... please help ?{Lore|Arkham,&amp;{template:default&amp;#125; {{name=@{selected|token_name&amp;#125;: Teste de Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade|-1&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{@{Arkham|Evento&amp;#125; = @{Arkham|Lore&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&nbsp; /roll [[@{selected|Lore&amp;#125;+@{selected|Lore Bonus&amp;#125;+@{Arkham|Lore&amp;#125; +?{Dificuldade|-1&amp;#125;]]d6&gt;@?{Condition|Normal,5|Bless,4|Cursed,6&amp;#125;|Outro Mundo, &amp;{template:default&amp;#125; {{name=@{selected|token_name&amp;#125;: Teste de Conhecimento (Lore) - Outro Mundo&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade|-1&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; /roll [[@{selected|Lore&amp;#125;+@{selected|Lore Bonus&amp;#125;+?{Dificuldade|-1&amp;#125;]]d6&gt;@?{Condition|Normal,5|Bless,4|Cursed,6&amp;#125;|Usando Pista,&amp;{template:default&amp;#125; {{name=@{selected|token_name&amp;#125;: Pista em Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus&amp;#125;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; /roll [[1+@{selected|Lore Bonus&amp;#125;+@{selected|Joe&amp;#125;]]d6&gt;@?{Condition|Normal,5|Bless,4|Cursed,6&amp;#125;}
Try this (untested): &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: ?{Lore| Arkham,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Lore}&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{Arkham|Lore} +?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt;@?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;| Outro Mundo,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore) - Outro Mundo&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt;@?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace; | Usando Pista,Pista em Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace {{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace&amp;rbrace /roll [[1+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{selected|Joe}]]d6&gt;@?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;} One error you were definitely making is that you were making html entity replacements within attribute calls (any reference that uses an @ symbol, such as '@{Arkham|Lore}'.&nbsp; Never use html replacements in attribute calls . Anything that is the same in each query output can be moved outside the query as well. I moved '&amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}: ' outside of the query. I think you may still need a 'line break' before each of the /roll commands, but if you said it was working before then maybe not. I never use the default template so I'm not familiar with out that will parse out. I also recommend saving this macro on a Macro Mule character - create a character named 'Roll Macros' and save this as an ability called 'LoreRoll'. Then create a Collections Macro to call it with this code.&nbsp; If your players need to use the roll, then make sure to set 'Lore' to 'All Players' as well as the 'Roll Macros' character to be controlled by 'All Players' (but not visible in their Journals). Lore %{Roll Macros|LoreRoll} &amp;{noerror}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alternatively, explore whether you can replace this macro with chat menu button (and a bunch of smaller macros that players never see). You might be able to avoid html substitutions completely.
It's displaying this now, i believe might have an extra &amp;vert somewhere
&amp;{template:default}{{name=@{selected|token_name}: ?{Lore|Arkham,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{Arkham|Lore}+?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt; @?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;|Outro Mundo,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore) - Outro Mundo&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt; @?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;|Usando Pista,Pista em Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[1+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{selected|Joe}]]d6&gt;@?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;} this was the closests i get...
You may need to replace the nested ?s as well - you would use &amp;quest; as the replacement. I’m on mobile so I can’t check.&nbsp;
which one ?
anyone?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It doesn't look like it. It's a big complex macro. I'd recommend breaking it up for a chat menu, as I mentioned earlier. That way you wont have to bother with html substitutions.
i did, and still not working, it seems i have to replace something where it says "Dificuldade&amp;vert-1", can you help me? &amp;{template:default}{{name=@{selected|token_name}: ?{Lore|Arkham,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Dificuldade = ?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; {{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{Arkham|Lore}+?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt; @?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;|Outro Mundo,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore) - Outro Mundo&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+?{Dificuldade&amp;vert-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt; @?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;|Usando Pista,Pista em Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[1+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{selected|Joe}]]d6&gt;@?{Condition&amp;vert;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;vert;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;vert;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;}

Edited 1703182459
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That looks like a query inside a query, and for those, you need to double up on the html entities (adding an extra &amp;amp; ) That's all the help I will give - I gave up on html entities a long time ago (except where absolutely necessary), and use chat menus instead where possible now. Show a chat menu version and I'll help with that.

Edited 1702138945
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GiGs said: That looks like a query inside a query, and for those, you need to double up on the html entities (adding qn extra &amp;amp; ) That's all the help I will give - I gave up on html entities a long time ago (except where absolutely necessary), and use chat menus instead where possible now. Show a chat menu version and I'll help with that. Sad to say, but that's the way I generally feel too. Entity replacement-laden macros are eye-watering and make my head swim. I feel for folks who really want to go this route, but it's so much work to wrap my brain around.

Edited 1703182351
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edit: this is a reply to a post that has been deleted and is not visible any more. This is not a forum for casual meetups. Comments must specifically relate to roll20.
Tony M. said: Was same problem, thanks for resolve. Is here anyone who plays cs2 and follow bo3 team ranking ? Have a good day anyone ! GiGs said: This is not a forum for casual meetups. Comments must specifically relate to roll20. Just another bot. No hours or games played and account was just created today. :/
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're right, I didn't look at the rest of the thread.
@GiGs whats a chat menu and how to do it? is there an youtube video guiding it ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some links: Chat Menu Macro Character Sheet The chat menu allows you to click on buttons in chat instead of messing with difficult nested queries, a Macro Character Sheet (or Macro Mule) allows you to save your macros as Actions on a character sheet, rather than Macros in the Collections tab. Actions generally do not require html substitutions. The links have more details.

Edited 1703185086
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As ever, Keith is fastest with links :) Actions generally do not require html substitutions. The generally part here is worth notice. If your original macro has a query, and the destination macro also has a query, you iwll need html substitutions. The beauty of chat menus is that by replacing the query in the original macro with a rolltemplate of buttons, you avoid the need for that first query.

Edited 1703764584
the good chat menu i could just paste the code in chat lol... then I find out how to fix my main macro &amp;{template:default}{{name=@{selected|token_name}: ?{Lore|Arkham,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;#124;-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{@{Arkham|Evento} = @{Arkham|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{Arkham|Lore}+?{Dificuldade&amp;#124;-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt;?{Condition&amp;#124;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;#124;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;#124;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;|Outro Mundo,Teste de Conhecimento (Lore) - Outro Mundo&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Conhecimento (Lore) Atual=@{selected|Lore}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Dificuldade =?{Dificuldade&amp;#124;-1&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[@{selected|Lore}+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+?{Dificuldade&amp;#124;-1&amp;rbrace;]]d6&gt;?{Condition&amp;#124;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;#124;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;#124;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;|Usando Pista,Pista em Conhecimento (Lore)&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace;{{Bônus de Habilidade (Skill) =@{selected|Lore Bonus}&amp;rbrace;&amp;rbrace; /roll [[1+@{selected|Lore Bonus}+@{selected|Joe}]]d6&gt;?{Condition&amp;#124;Normal&amp;comma;5&amp;#124;Bless&amp;comma;4&amp;#124;Cursed&amp;comma;6&amp;rbrace;} this is the working version, finally :) thanks, guys for the help might be a good idea to work in a chat as shortcut for my players pointing to those fixed macros :)