Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fix the VTT so it no longer break the macros

The VTT converts the special characters which now breaks your macro. Fix it back to way it was :)
Are you saying that the HTML replacements don't function or that they are replaced when you re-open a macro that uses them?

Edited 1701723656
When I saved it cracked. I already opened a support, but it's so complicated to fix it. Would it be better to return to the way it was?

Edited 1701740336
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Nazamura,  I don't understand what you mean by "return to the way it was". The Collection tab macros have always broken HTML replacements when you re-open the macro to edit it.  Don't use Collection tab macros for HTML replacement macros unless you create a backup. Use Ability macros, preferably in a Macro Mule .  Alternately, don't use Queries that require HTML replacements at all, use Chat Menus .  Note: I am not saying that making the collection macros so that they don't break HTML replacements is not a good thing, it is. Just that this is not a change in behavior, and how you can work around it. 
late in the past, when we wrote macros, there was no need to use html markup, it worked, but now, it doesn't, you need to pay extra attention to html markup and it become confusing and complicated to give maintenance to old macros

Edited 1701809359
Gauss
Forum Champion
Nazamura said: late in the past, when we wrote macros, there was no need to use html markup, it worked, but now, it doesn't, you need to pay extra attention to html markup and it become confusing and complicated to give maintenance to old macros You do not need to use HTML replacement unless you are putting things inside queries (see Nesting Queries ).  This really isn't a case of Roll20 changing anything. Based on your other thread you opened the Collection tab macro, and that broke it because Collection tab macros break HTML Entities. There is a known issue that when you put HTML entities in a Collection tab macro and then open it later it resolves all the HTML Entities. This is why it is recommended to NOT use Collection tab macros for macros that contain HTML Entities. Use Ability macros instead. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .