Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GoDice and Roll20

So this is a long shot: One of my players got a set of GoDice  that he can roll and has a Chrome extension displays the number rolled into chat. What I want to know if there is some way, maybe using Customizable Roll Listener to see the rolls or something, to get the value of that roll and then use it in further mods. Is there a way to store that number in an attribute on a sheet somewhere or anyway to reuse it? I tried the rerolling dice trick of $[[0]], but that didn't seem to work.  Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You'll need to ask godice. I have no idea how they're sending the data to roll20 and I don't have a set to test with. I'd assume the r20 API is going to see the message, but don't know what it's going to look like.
Sure, that is a possibility, but Customizable roll listener can tell when the roll has rolled a critical or fumble, so there has to be some way for it to know that. I'm just trying to see if the result of the roll in chat itself can be accessed. 

Edited 1703306022
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, I wrote CRL. But it requires that an actual roll20 roll be sent. I'd be very surprised if godice is sending an actual roll20 roll for crl to hook into. Additionally CRL doesn't provide a way to pass roll results to the things it calls. It's definitely possible to do what you want, but it's going to take a custom script and godice giving information about how they dispatch the roll.
ParticulaCode (Particula) · GitHub  Might shed some light, might not.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately that doesn't appear to have the extension code, which is what's needed.
Well that's a bummer. I'll see if I can dig into the extension and see what's what.  Thanks for all your help and advice!
Hi there guys, I am from Particula. We Truly hope to find a way to get a better integration with the system's rolling tools and connect them, as we did in Foundry VTT, to the character sheets etc. I'll pass this discussion to the dev team to see if they can help you help us ;) Till then, have a good one!
Really to use the die rolls for mods, all I would need is a way to access how the result is sent and some how intercept it or store it somewhere retrievable.
It would be great to have the same kind of integration as you did in Foundry (click the sheet and wait for the roll)