Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The 'Newest' Door & Window Tool. Having some trouble and would appreciate help.

First I do like this new tool so far.   I am following the steps per  Dynamic Lighting-> Doors Help  I turn DL on, and drew a test outline for a building and then added a token with light.  Works good so far (this is no different than before.)  Then I click on the icon and select door...and place a horizontal door.   I see the options for the 3 states (secret, locked, opened).   And this is where I hit a bump.  I find I cannot move, scale, rotate the door.  I certainly can select/delete.  I'm sure it is something so obvious I'm gonna headdesk as soon as this is answered but I'm currently stumped. How to rotate/move/scale a "door" using the new door and window tool?  I'm guessing windows work in a similar fashion, but that is for later.   Thanks in advance!
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Rerednaw, you can click on the two dots marking the end of the door. These can be moved independently. I found this to be the easiest way to put them exactly where I need. It works the same for windows.

Edited 1704943541
Ralph said: Hi Rerednaw, you can click on the two dots marking the end of the door. These can be moved independently. I found this to be the easiest way to put them exactly where I need. It works the same for windows. Thanks for the response.  I see the dots in the demo videos but sorry I must be doing this wrong.  Unable to grab (area select) or see these dots.  Selected or no, what am I looking for please?   Zoomed in max so it's a bit blurry but I don't see the dots. :(   I've tried changing the color as well.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Rerednaw,  My guess is you are not on the correct layer. Please click the Lighting layer.  If that does not solve the problem please take a screenshot of the entire game while on the Lighting layer, no cropping, so that I can try to see what might be happening. 
Gauss said: Hi Rerednaw,  My guess is you are not on the correct layer. Please click the Lighting layer.  If that does not solve the problem please take a screenshot of the entire game while on the Lighting layer, no cropping, so that I can try to see what might be happening.  Thanks!   I knew it was something simple!  Yah I forgot I switched layers from lighting, thank you so much!  Now I go bang my head against the desk in shame. ***headdesk***