Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spawn Default Token with Animations

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Howdy. I'm using Spawn Default Token to spawn spell effects, but none of the animations are playing when they spawn. Is there any way to change that?
I'm not sure there's any API access for animations yet. Animated images, when spawned instead of dragging and dropping seem to either "break" or default to "stop looping" or default to "pause". I don't think this behavior is unique to SpawnDefaultToken, it's just a limitation of Roll20. It's one of the things, whether anyone at Roll20 has realized it or not, is holding back this system. I've tried creating animated spell effects, for example, using webms and it's just not possible at the moment.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
+1 to Timothy's comments. Mod scripts and animations have never played nicely together. It's a Roll20 limitation.