Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Art Library Issues - Drag & Drop, Folder ViewReorganizing

I upgraded from the Free Subscription Tier today, and found that I have several issues with the Art Library. I'm not 100% sure if they are related to the subscription or not, as last week they were still working.  Many of the old assets in my library, which I uploaded months ago can't be dragged and dropped on the map. Nothing happens. Items from Recent Uploads work fine, as do new uploads. Items from the folder view can be dragged to the map as normal. I also can't rightclick assets in the  folder view to reorganize them, nor can I drag them into an existing folder, they just get placed on the map instead. I tried deleting the cache, other browsers and private tabs, the result is always the same. Adblock is disabled.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Zaibusa! This is the second report I have seen like this recently, but it does not seem to be a universal problem. Which browser are you using, and can you describe the steps you are trying, step by step, in detail? I'll see if I can reproduce.

Edited 1705508824
Tried on Chrome, Chrome Incognito Tab & Firefox, all up to date & 64bit.  It affects some, but not all older assets in the library I drag them, clicking on the text, not the bars used for ordering, and then drag them in the map. Around 50% of the older assets don't appear, no matter how often I try. If I do the same with assets in Recent Uploads, it works with every asset I tried. I uploaded  I also uploaded a new asset, dragged it in the list-view to my Assets and now I can't place it anymore. Disabeling "Filter out items already in your library" shows the item in both lists, Art Library and Recent Uploads. Dragging it in from Recent Uploads gives the expected result, it appears on the map, while still nothing happens when dragging it from the art library. I then click on an asset to open the folder view, I can drag every asset from here on the map and it appears as it's supposed to.  I click on one or multiple assets, then rightclick on a selected asset and no context menu appears. Dragging them onto a folder doesn't place them in said folder, but places them all (stacked) on the map.  Rightclicking an asset in the Art Library List-View opens context menus as normal and they work. I also tried enabling & disabeling Beta Features

Edited 1705510612
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please try the following:  Right click on an art asset (in the Art Library) that isn't working.  Resize the art asset See if it will be able to be dragged out. 
Resizing items from default 1:1 to 1:1 or any other worked, they now appear correctly again. Thanks! I'm currently on a different pc, but same OS and Chrome version and the context menu is working as well. Yesterday I tried it on two different pcs and both failed. So hopefully this is solved, if the context menu is still not working on my main pc, I'll post again later.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Since resizing fixed it for you then that falls under a bug that recently appeared. Some My Library content got slightly borked for some reason. The Devs are working on a fix.  The resizing trick should fix any art asset that falls under that bug until a more long term fix is made.