Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Pop out, can't read text in dark mode

Edited 1705702774
Tom
Plus
Hi, So I tried searching, but didn't see this exact issue.  When in dark mode, the macros spell I have works fine and I can read the spell, however If I pop out the chat, the text changes and is hard to read. Below is When Chat is still in main screen window on side. Below is the same exact chat, but when popped out to it's own tab. Any solution to fix this, with my eye issues, the non dark mode is too bright, so I can live with this, but hope it can be looked into.

Edited 1705771850
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Tom,  I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center as the bug report forum is primarily for users helping users. Let them know that this affects Popped out Chat tab with Default Template.  With that said, have you tried Stylus? Maybe one of the Stylus guru's can post something that will help in the popped out window.  Also, in my testing this primarily affects the default template. Do you have access to any other template? If it is just the spell Toll the Dead you use the default template for (due to it's unique nature) I can provide you with a different setup that doesn't require using the default template.
I And Friends Have That Happen, But Just In Regular Non-Popped Out Chat While Using Dark Mode.
RecaWronghouse said: I And Friends Have That Happen, But Just In Regular Non-Popped Out Chat While Using Dark Mode. For a quick fix switch to lightmode and immediately back do darkmode... It's a shame this Bug STILL exists given how long Darkmode in VTT is a thing now!
Thanks, I figured someone had this same issue so I wanted to check here prior to submitting a bug.  Will go ahead and do that.  I'm not really familiar with other templates, I've only created a few macros for spells and other things, but mainly use that as it is what I am familiar with.  I previously wouldn't pop out the chat as my setup was a little different, so it was until recently I really noticed the issue. If you can provide an option that doesn't use the tempalte I'd appreciate it, assuming as a Plus user I can use it. (No API) Thanks, Gauss said: Hi Tom,  I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center as the bug report forum is primarily for users helping users. Let them know that this affects Popped out Chat tab with Default Template.  With that said, have you tried Stylus? Maybe one of the Stylus guru's can post something that will help in the popped out window.  Also, in my testing this primarily affects the default template. Do you have access to any other template? If it is just the spell Toll the Dead you use the default template for (due to it's unique nature) I can provide you with a different setup that doesn't require using the default template.

Edited 1705941174
Gauss
Forum Champion
Tom said: Thanks, I figured someone had this same issue so I wanted to check here prior to submitting a bug.  Will go ahead and do that.  I'm not really familiar with other templates, I've only created a few macros for spells and other things, but mainly use that as it is what I am familiar with.  I previously wouldn't pop out the chat as my setup was a little different, so it was until recently I really noticed the issue. If you can provide an option that doesn't use the tempalte I'd appreciate it, assuming as a Plus user I can use it. (No API) Thanks, Which character sheet are you using? D&D 5e by Roll20? Am I correct in assuming you set up this template because of the nature of this spell? (Ie. two damage rolls?)
Yes the  D&D 5e by Roll20, and correct, wanted the 2 damage rolls,  Gauss said: Tom said: Thanks, I figured someone had this same issue so I wanted to check here prior to submitting a bug.  Will go ahead and do that.  I'm not really familiar with other templates, I've only created a few macros for spells and other things, but mainly use that as it is what I am familiar with.  I previously wouldn't pop out the chat as my setup was a little different, so it was until recently I really noticed the issue. If you can provide an option that doesn't use the tempalte I'd appreciate it, assuming as a Plus user I can use it. (No API) Thanks, Which character sheet are you using? D&D 5e by Roll20? Am I correct in assuming you set up this template because of the nature of this spell? (Ie. two damage rolls?)

Edited 1705945518
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, that is easy.  Go to the attacks section of the Core page Here is how I set it up:  Damage: [[round((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)]]d8 Damage 2: [[round((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)]]d12 If you would rather it be an Ability macro you can roll this, then click the chat box, hit the up arrow (on keyboard), and copy it to turn into an Ability macro. 
Gauss said: Alright, that is easy.  Go to the attacks section of the Core page Here is how I set it up:  Damage: [[round((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)]]d8 Damage 2: [[round((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)]]d12 If you would rather it be an Ability macro you can roll this, then click the chat box, hit the up arrow (on keyboard), and copy it to turn into an Ability macro.  Thanks,
Can you let us know if this is still happening today? We put out an update yesterday that I think might have fixed this.

Edited 1706032067
Gauss
Forum Champion
The bug is still present on my end in both Chrome and Firefox. I cleared cookies and cache and the bug was still present. 
I can confirm it is still present in Chrome.  Thanks for looking into it.