Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weird super-bright areas with dynamic lighting on

Edited 1705937156
When lighting is on, I get these bizarre ultra-bright areas. The players don't see them, but they make it hard for me to work in those areas.  There's nothing on the lighting layer that seems to explain it: Deleting the door makes it even weirder: Deleting that light in the courtyard doesn't make it make sense: This seems like it has to be a bug. Are other folks seeing this? I'm in Chrome 121.0.6167.75 on macOS 14.2.1 (23C71). Update: interestingly, adding  a light (in this case, a token that emits light) in that area makes it go away. It kind of feels like it's supposed to be dark and it's wrapping around to super-bright. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Aaron! I'm coming up empty. The only time I see something remotely like this is when multiple gm-controlled npcs with darkvision are congregates in a space. With overlapping sight, they can make a dark area look bright. But this does not seem to be the case here. Are you using tinted vision or sight anywhere?
You're right, that's what's going on - it's several tokens with darkvision, which I gave a gray tint to try to mimic the black-and-white nature of it. It still seems like a bug that their overlapping fields of vision would make the area look extra-bright, though.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Oh good!. Yeah, tinted light and vision has no blend mode, it just becomes more opaque with each application. My usual advice is to avoid it except for occasional use where it is important, and you know that the fields will not overlap.
Good to know, thank you.