Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HTML Observation

So for some time, I have been using a Powercard like html output from my APIs, using /desc at the beginning. In it, I was using 'text-align: centre' and the text was, well, aligning to the centre. Everything looked proper. Today I was playing with outputting as a /w (again from API), but noted that the text was no longer centred...   Played around, searched the forums. Then the light bulb went on. Changed all my spellings from Canadian 'centre' to 'center' and the text is now aligned in both /desc and in /w  I'm sure proper html is in fact 'center', but I wasn't writing it that way... Maybe the system was translating my Canuck spelling except in whispers (eh?)?   
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The /desc command centers text by default, so it was ignoring the styling you provided, but it looked like the styling was applied successfully because it was already applying that same styling from the base Roll20 style rules.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As an aside, I'm in the UK and have encountered this kind of thing a lot. When working in HTML, you must always use American spelling. If your spelling is the same as American, use you're own, but if your spelling differs from American, use the American version.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, despite being invented by a UK citizen at CERN, HTML uses American spelling. When I worked for the Australian R&D subsidiary of a Japanese multinational we also standardized on American spelling to save everyone time and prevent confusion. We also refrained from using Australian dialect with our Japanese, Indian, etc., coworkers.