Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Draw from Deck of 1-20 Instead of Rolling D20.

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is an idea I have for one of my players. I have never done anything with cards, but for those who have, how feasible does it seem?

Edited 1708455779
Gold
Forum Champion
Sure, no problem really. You have choices here. You might run into some drawbacks, but generally speaking it is do-able. Want to tell us more about your idea for that particular player? You can do Card Deck or Rollable Table. They have different features. Either might help with what you want to do. Using the Card Deck method, it is mainly a matter of Configuring the Card Deck settings to suit your needs.  Did you want to use 20 of the ordinary Playing Cards (hearts, diamonds, clubs, etc), or perhaps design 20 graphics for your own card faces and upload them into roll20?  Did you want the Player to have a completely refreshed card deck (all 20 possibilities) on every choice? Or did you want an ordinary draw-down-the-deck where there are fewer cards available in the deck after each pick has been removed (or taken into his Hand of Cards)? Assuming you want a Random order, you may need to either Shuffle the Deck once before their first draw, or Shuffle once before every time they draw. Other config and techniques like that, again, depends exactly what you want it to do, and there are some options in the settings. 
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It seems like the official "deck" tool is not going to be smooth enough for my liking. There are several things I dislike about it.