Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handout/Sheets kicked out from folders

Hi,  I have a game where I upload my draws, sheets and handouts, then copy them to start new campaigns. Recently, 90% of my classified things, hundreds of them, were ejected from the folder and put in alphabetical order at the bottom. IT also randomly ejects them when I copy games. What is going on? I am losing months of work with that...
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
It sounds like you've found a different problem with Transmogrifier & Copy Game than we've found so far. You should use the Help Center and Send A Request to get Roll20 staff attention and a ticket # to track your issue. 
This CAN happen if a game is really big and has a ton of Maps / Handouts / Tokens in it. It has NOTHING to do with Transmogrifier or Copying Games. Had this once myself! Andrew is right, Roll20 Team is the only one that can help you here and ONLY a Rollback of your game will help in this case! (That is, if you don't want to sort everything again yourself) Jonathan G. said: Hi,  I have a game where I upload my draws, sheets and handouts, then copy them to start new campaigns. Recently, 90% of my classified things, hundreds of them, were ejected from the folder and put in alphabetical order at the bottom. IT also randomly ejects them when I copy games. What is going on? I am losing months of work with that...
Well, tied or not, it happened when I copied a game randomly and in my core after I copied it. Copied music also occasionally doesn't work correctly in copied games. The more I use Roll20, the more problem I get. I opened a ticket, but there has been no answer so far.  TheMarkus1204 said: This CAN happen if a game is really big and has a ton of Maps / Handouts / Tokens in it. It has NOTHING to do with Transmogrifier or Copying Games. Had this once myself! Andrew is right, Roll20 Team is the only one that can help you here and ONLY a Rollback of your game will help in this case! (That is, if you don't want to sort everything again yourself) Jonathan G. said: Hi,  I have a game where I upload my draws, sheets and handouts, then copy them to start new campaigns. Recently, 90% of my classified things, hundreds of them, were ejected from the folder and put in alphabetical order at the bottom. IT also randomly ejects them when I copy games. What is going on? I am losing months of work with that...
Welcome to the club! Your best bet is to request a rollback of your game! You can do this via Help Center, too. After that, everything should be back in place again. As for Music: Don't Copy. Re-Import it via Playlists... way easier and you can be assured it works after that... Jonathan G. said: Well, tied or not, it happened when I copied a game randomly and in my core after I copied it. Copied music also occasionally doesn't work correctly in copied games. The more I use Roll20, the more problem I get. I opened a ticket, but there has been no answer so far.
TheMarkus1204 said: Welcome to the club! Your best bet is to request a rollback of your game! You can do this via Help Center, too. After that, everything should be back in place again. As for Music: Don't Copy. Re-Import it via Playlists... way easier and you can be assured it works after that... Jonathan G. said: Well, tied or not, it happened when I copied a game randomly and in my core after I copied it. Copied music also occasionally doesn't work correctly in copied games. The more I use Roll20, the more problem I get. I opened a ticket, but there has been no answer so far. "Rollling eyes" Still no asnwers from them and wow,  a copy features that shold not be used finally.... I'm feeling so mad right now that they're never fixing anything 0_o
Had this happen ONCE and did not take advantage of the rollback. So I re-sorted every Handout back in their original folder... It was annoying and it was time-consuming... That is why YOU should take advantage of it! SADLY, we cannot do the Rollback of our own games ourselves... Roll20 needs to to that and the only way to let them know is by filing a Help Center Request and choose "Rollback Game"... This is a KNOWN Bug that exists for many years by now and I guess is hard to fix... Jonathan G. said: TheMarkus1204 said: Welcome to the club! Your best bet is to request a rollback of your game! You can do this via Help Center, too. After that, everything should be back in place again. As for Music: Don't Copy. Re-Import it via Playlists... way easier and you can be assured it works after that... Jonathan G. said: Well, tied or not, it happened when I copied a game randomly and in my core after I copied it. Copied music also occasionally doesn't work correctly in copied games. The more I use Roll20, the more problem I get. I opened a ticket, but there has been no answer so far. "Rollling eyes" Still no asnwers from them and wow,  a copy features that shold not be used finally.... I'm feeling so mad right now that they're never fixing anything 0_o
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: SADLY, we cannot do the Rollback of our own games ourselves... Roll20 needs to to that and the only way to let them know is by filing a Help Center Request and choose "Rollback Game"... For folks with a Plus or Pro account they can do their own Rollback.  Go to Roll20.net Click on the name of your game Click Setttings Click Roll Back Game
Gauss said: For folks with a Plus or Pro account they can do their own Rollback.  Roll Back is a Pro only feature. See  Roll Back Game  ("The Creator must have a Pro subscription to have access to this feature").
Gauss
Forum Champion
Richard said: Gauss said: For folks with a Plus or Pro account they can do their own Rollback.  Roll Back is a Pro only feature. See  Roll Back Game  ("The Creator must have a Pro subscription to have access to this feature"). Oops, thanks for the correction. I misremembered.
Rollback didn't work. 
Jonathan G. said: Rollback didn't work.  The only thing left now is sorting those items manually... -.-
Yeah, I've been working on that core game for two years, and I'm done with roll 20. They gave me a credit of $20$ on my account, but it represents hundreds of hours of work, and they told me it might constantly happen, as I might have too many assets. So yeah, I'm done with that site.