Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Teleport 1.2.3: Config options AUTOPING and HIDEPING do not function as advertised

Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The description of the AUTOPING customization option says Determines whether or not players that are teleported get a ping to move their view to their new location. The description of the HIDEPING customization option says Determines whether or not a player specific ping hides the ping-ring that normally results by turning the player color transparent briefly. While the descriptions are correct if both values are true, they're incorrect when HIDEPING is false. AUTOPING's value is checked at line 729, in the timeout that brings the teleporting token back from the GM layer /*727*/ setTimeout(function(){ obj.set("layer","objects"); if(Teleport.configparams.AUTOPING){ teleportPing(obj,pad); } if(Teleport.configparams.SHOWSFX){ teleportSFX(obj,pad); } obj.set("lastmove",""); },500); The teleportPing function starts at line 739, and is where HIDEPING's value is checked teleportPing = function(obj,pad){ let player, oldcolor; // figure out if there is a player attached if(Teleport.configparams.HIDEPING){ player = findTokenPlayer(obj,pad); if(!player){ player=DEFAULTPLAYER; } oldcolor = player.get("color"); player.set("color","transparent"); setTimeout(function(){ sendPing(pad.get("left"), pad.get("top"), pad.get("_pageid"), player.id, true, player.id); setTimeout(function(){ player.set("color",oldcolor); },1000); },10); } } As you can see, teleportPing does nothing if HIDEPING is false. I discovered this while attempting to debug a separate issue; one of my players had their player color get stuck on transparent, and I found that I could consistently replicate the problem when dragging multiple tokens onto a teleporter at the same time (the player in question uses Find Familiar). I figured I could maybe just disable HIDEPING and let pings show up when people teleport, but that made the pings not happen at all.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Apologies - the loss of player color is unfortunately a common feature of a crash or bug in teleport, and unfortunately I have not implemented the return of color in the recovery script. I'm hoping to revisit the script when we have the capability to actually spawn tokens if they are not already on the target page. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ping Buddy has the same possibility. IIRC, I record the GM color at spin up for later restoring, but even then, timing can cause that not to be recorded correctly in the first place. Depending on the timing of any error. There is no "invisible ping" unfortunately.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: There is no "invisible ping" unfortunately. Yes, I understand why the player color has to be changed to be transparent, and I understand why it can get stuck like that. The point of this post was that the AUTOPING config option does not do anything  if the HIDEPING option is disabled. Based on the configuration option descriptions, the expected behavior would be to have visible pings.