Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ctrl+v moves view to bottom of page if the text tool has been used before

This issue has been reported before with steps to reproduce, but still occurs: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11260442/ctrl-plus-v-jumps-my-screen" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11260442/ctrl-plus-v-jumps-my-screen</a> Steps to reproduce: Write something with a text element. Then copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) any element. The element will spawn where expected, but the page jumps to the bottom. If you don't use a text element, or reload the page after using one, this doesn't happen.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Elukka,&nbsp; I checked the thread you cited but could not see steps to reproduce. Could you provide the steps to reproduce? Also, which operating system and browser (including version #) are you using?&nbsp;
The last post in that thread mentions the steps but it's the same steps I posted: " Yeah, it just happened in private mode as well, but good news, I managed to figure out what the trigger for the bug is. Whenever I use the text tool to write something on the board, it actives the bug, and Ctrl+V starts jumping my screen. If I reload the game, the bug is gone, and then it reappears when I write something new on the board." I'm on Win10, Firefox 123.0.1 (64-bit). Testing it on Chrome, the issue doesn't occur there. I tried Firefox's troubleshooting mode which disables all addons and custom settings and the issue occurs with that as well, so it shouldn't be something specific to my Firefox.

Edited 1710422990
Gauss
Forum Champion
Unfortunately the last post in that thread is not complete reproduction steps. I was not able to replicate this in Firefox, but without complete steps I am probably missing a step.&nbsp; Reproduction steps would be something like:&nbsp; This is in Firefox Use a player account Click the text art tool Click the tabletop Type something .....??? Hit Ctrl+V Result: Screen jumps.&nbsp; There are missing steps between Type something and hitting ctrl+v.&nbsp; Every mouse click and keyboard entry helps with reproduction steps.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This happened to me the other night. I didn't think anything of it at the time, figuring I must have inadvertently clicked or moved an interface element. That being said, I cannot reproduce it now. So yeah, very detailed steps that reliably reproduce the issue would help.

Edited 1710697645
I have had this problem probably since it was first reported. Using Win10 + Firefox 123.0.1 (64-Bit) Create a new game (in mycase called Test2 using D&amp;D 5e by roll20) Start the game Create a character sheet, close character sheet Move the sheet onto the token layer of the empty map (so that you get the default icon) Select the token, Ctrl+c, click the map somewhere, Ctrl+v Token is inserted, nothing else happens Use text tool from the toolbar, click somwhere on the map, write something ("asd" in my case), click somewhere on the map Select the "Select" tool from the toolbar, click somewhere on the map, Ctrl+v Token is inserted, page jumps to the bottom left Be mildly annoyed (might only be the case after 1 year :D)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thank you Flosen, for the detailed reproduction steps! That helped isolate the source. I was able to duplicate this on Mac+Firefox I was unable to duplicate that on Mac+Chrome. I can't test Windows, but it does seem to be a localized Firefox issue. For anyone for whom this is an issue, I would suggest filing a&nbsp; Help Center Request . Include Flosen's steps, emphasize that this is Firefox, specific and link this thread. TBH, it's such a specific error, that it will likely be of low priority in the face of the complete re-write of Project Jumpgate*. But if the cause is something very simple to fix, it might be fixed anyway. *In my opinion. I am not a dev.