Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with firefox (world entirely gray)

Edited 1711408288
in one of my games i appear to also be expericing this; (as a player) the world is in a black and white state i can see my token in color and their bars but no other token (npc or player). in chrome im not expercing this issue, it does persist in firefoxes private mode, it is not present in other games. im using firefox Version 124.0.1 (64-bit) It is not affected my other games. only this one
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Naomi-Tan,  Could you provide a screenshot so we have a clearer idea of what you are seeing?

Edited 1711410558
Firefox Chrome
chrome on the bottom, fire fox on the top

Edited 1711410518
Chrome Firefox Okay, so we did manage to fix it on this map, we had to set my darkvision to cover the map and the map needed to be in night mode, despite previously being in day mode to work. the DM also moved my token before this and ther was a tiny point of vision under my token as he moved it. so I believe firefox is miss reading the day/night setting  (and my character shouldn't have dark vision) so.. this is proberably a bug
Gauss
Forum Champion
What happens when you use a Private tab in Firefox?
Nothing changed still black and white.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Naomi-Tan! It's unlikely to be a general bug, since something so major as this would result in a flood of reports. It's likely to be a procedural error somewhere. Could you upload screenshots of the token and page settings regarding dynamic lighting for both the token and page in question? For the time being, I would suggest running all testing from private browsing windows, to eliminate browser extensions from the investigation. Also, make sure you are logging in consistently as a player in both browsers (I.e. use the launch button on the home page, not a bookmark) If you are not the creator of the game, make sure you are on the same page and looking at the same token during each launch. You can test this by loading the game simultaneously in each browser, moving your token in one, and making sure that the token echoes this move in the other.