Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Upload Directly Into Library Subfolder

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Is there any way to do this? I want to add a lot of images to my library, but I want them to be sorted more easily than dragging and dropping each one into the folder. Anyone have any experience with this?
The entries in your art library folders are only pointers to the actual files. The actual files are listed in the "recent uploads" section at the bottom, in the order in which they were uploaded. Yes, this is very cumbersome and no, it's not possible to organize the "recent uploads" list.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
No, there’s no way to do that at the moment. I always upload 10 images at a time, organize them, and repeat until I finish them. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can open the library in folder view . It's still cumbersome, but not nearly so much as one at a time. You can multi-select files and move them as a single drag.

Edited 1711809310
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks. Side question, is there a depth limit for subfolders? I'm able to add more folders, but I can't put images in them. I can put the images in Stump, but they won't go into Healthy. EDIT: I can put them in if I open the Healthy window, but then I have to pull them in one at a time still. I feel like something isn't working right, but I can't tell if there's a bug or if this is normal behavior.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From the Help Center page: Note: Due to the limited space on the Sidebar, the nested folders can only go three sub folder levels deep.