Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

The Jumpgate Beta for Pro Users Has Arrived!

Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I can report that I just uploaded 30 PNG tokens and 42 JPG images to a Jumpgate Art Library game and organized them into my Art Library with no trouble at all. I uploaded them 10 at a time as I usually do.
Did you use the Polygon Tool for all the lines? The Lines for that round wall seem to be drawn freehand... Julia S. said: While I was test-running the dungeon in the player mode, I've noticed the lighting bug again. Part of the map beyond the walls opened to me randomly while I was moving (in a pretty weird pattern also) And it's all walls in GM lighting layer, needless to say:
I've used polygon for all the walls. TheMarkus1204 said: Did you use the Polygon Tool for all the lines? The Lines for that round wall seem to be drawn freehand... Julia S. said: While I was test-running the dungeon in the player mode, I've noticed the lighting bug again. Part of the map beyond the walls opened to me randomly while I was moving (in a pretty weird pattern also) And it's all walls in GM lighting layer, needless to say:
Andrew W. said: 3d Dice and chat dice result do not match. This happens in my normal game all the time (see bug forums for more screen shots) but just so you know, I got the same problem with jumpgate. This screen from new Jumpgate game; Yeah this is an inherent issue that sometimes occurs with the 3D Dice engine and it's not something we've addressed in Jumpgate (yet) but we are aware of it and have a plan for it. Stay tuned!
Julia S. said: Hello, guys! Really appreciate all the quick fixes and looking forward to another go this weekend. Meanwhile I have a bug that is still an issue and I wanted to expand a bit on it - tooltips/nameplates problem. I've taken two examplary bugbears to test it out - one has a tooltip on ("Furry"), another - nameplate ("Big guy"). As a GM I see both the tooltip and the nameplate and I have all the settings on to show it to the players as well. The settings are: for the tooltip nameplate: general game settings for the nameplates to be shown: But when I reload as a player I see neither: Futhermore, in the turn order I also don't see either name even though at least for the bugbear with the nameplate on it usually meant that I was going to see the name in the initiative tracker. Turn order for GM: Turn order for the player: Okay thanks for the report we'll get this logged!
In the Token settings, have you checked if Players have the "SEE" Permission when clicking on those three vertical dots? If NOT, your Players will not see the nameplate as the checkmark is first and only for the GM / the player that has control of the token. Riley D. said: Julia S. said: Hello, guys! Really appreciate all the quick fixes and looking forward to another go this weekend. Meanwhile I have a bug that is still an issue and I wanted to expand a bit on it - tooltips/nameplates problem. I've taken two examplary bugbears to test it out - one has a tooltip on ("Furry"), another - nameplate ("Big guy"). As a GM I see both the tooltip and the nameplate and I have all the settings on to show it to the players as well. The settings are: for the tooltip nameplate: general game settings for the nameplates to be shown: But when I reload as a player I see neither: Futhermore, in the turn order I also don't see either name even though at least for the bugbear with the nameplate on it usually meant that I was going to see the name in the initiative tracker. Turn order for GM: Turn order for the player: Okay thanks for the report we'll get this logged!
Hey folks, We just put out a quick update for Jumpgate that: Cleans up a bunch of old code that you all don't care about but makes our devs very, very happy Adds back in support for the "numbers" on the status markers! Thanks!
I think the issue with Julia's problem above is that Jumpgate games aren't obeying the Default Game Settings campaign-wide settings for the "See/Edit" values for Nameplates. So if you just drag and drop something from the sidebar, it's still being setup with Player's permissions to just "Edit" when it should be "See".
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Further, setting the campaign settings will not affect any token that has already been created and saved as a default before making the setting. Just new ones. To apply to existing tokens, you need to "Apply Defaults" under the Miscellaneous menu in the settings tab of the game.
Riley D. said: Adds back in support for the "numbers" on the status markers! Unfortunately, the numbers still seem to be broken, just in a different way. When I use just the standard color dots, the numbers work. As soon as I try to use numbers on anything besides the colored dots, the whole thing breaks. As in, I largely lose the ability to put any marker on the token. The symbol will still highlight, as though it were selected, but nothing will appear on the token. What's more, this affect persists for that token forever, at least as far as I can tell so far. Even reloading only partially fixed it, causing some markers that were not showing to then appear. Attempting to put new ones on, however, still results in it being broken. Copying and pasting the token resets it for the new copy, but the problem quickly reappears if I try to put numbers on non-colored dot statuses.
keithcurtis said: Further, setting the campaign settings will not affect any token that has already been created and saved as a default before making the setting. Just new ones. To apply to existing tokens, you need to "Apply Defaults" under the Miscellaneous menu in the settings tab of the game. Thanks (and to TheMarkus1204 ), regarding the nameplates I understand, that additional actions are now needed for all the tokens even though the default settings are allowing the players to see them (and I set the settings at the game's creation. For the classic roll20 it was enough). Tooltips don't work either way (and me and my husband mainly use them for our games).
Alexander said: Riley D. said: Adds back in support for the "numbers" on the status markers! Unfortunately, the numbers still seem to be broken, just in a different way. When I use just the standard color dots, the numbers work. As soon as I try to use numbers on anything besides the colored dots, the whole thing breaks. As in, I largely lose the ability to put any marker on the token. The symbol will still highlight, as though it were selected, but nothing will appear on the token. What's more, this affect persists for that token forever, at least as far as I can tell so far. Even reloading only partially fixed it, causing some markers that were not showing to then appear. Attempting to put new ones on, however, still results in it being broken. Copying and pasting the token resets it for the new copy, but the problem quickly reappears if I try to put numbers on non-colored dot statuses. Okay noted! Let me pass that along.
keithcurtis said: Further, setting the campaign settings will not affect any token that has already been created and saved as a default before making the setting. Just new ones. To apply to existing tokens, you need to "Apply Defaults" under the Miscellaneous menu in the settings tab of the game. Also noting that I did test the Apply Defaults button and that _does_ seem to be working, it's just totally new tokens don't seem to be respecting the defaults the first time.
Midnite Oil
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I made a copy of my Chains of Asmodeus game and gave the JumpGate version a try. It was a disaster. So many issues. One player could not get any of the maps to load. Issues with several of my API Mod scripts.  Dragging tokens would sometimes appear to duplicate them on my DM page, had to refresh to often to see the updated position on the map.  The worst part is I added several pages and other things to prep for this session. After the session I went to transmogrify my additions to the old game only to discover that the copy does not show up in the list of games :(  Since I have no choice but to go back to the non-JumpGate version that means I have to redo a ton of prep in the old version :( Major disappointment. I usually wait until things have stabilized before I adopt a new feature. I should have known better than to be an early adopter.  Oh well, lesson learned.
Mark G. said: Royii said: Hello i got a caracter that can't be deleted (new one) the one i named XYZ I tried to make it happen again but all others can be deleted. There is a difference in the text when i right click compared to others : Normaly it's "Delete object" in any others but for this one it's "Delete from the game" maybe that can help to fix it. Contact me if you need more informations ;) That sounds like you do not "own" the PC. or it came from/is linked to a character in Roll20 Characters. When this happened in my normal game, removing it from the game took it out of the game, but then the player who owned it had to go to the Roll20 Characters list and delete it from there.  I am the owner of the JDR & the caracter is link to no players ^^'
Midnite Oil said: I made a copy of my Chains of Asmodeus game and gave the JumpGate version a try. It was a disaster. So many issues. One player could not get any of the maps to load. Issues with several of my API Mod scripts.  Dragging tokens would sometimes appear to duplicate them on my DM page, had to refresh to often to see the updated position on the map.  The worst part is I added several pages and other things to prep for this session. After the session I went to transmogrify my additions to the old game only to discover that the copy does not show up in the list of games :(  Since I have no choice but to go back to the non-JumpGate version that means I have to redo a ton of prep in the old version :( Major disappointment. I usually wait until things have stabilized before I adopt a new feature. I should have known better than to be an early adopter.  Oh well, lesson learned. Hey there!  We do appreciate you giving it a try. Would you have any info to share on what API Scripts specifically weren't working? And then when you say dragging tokens would appear to duplicate them, what do you mean by that? Like just dragging the token around the map would...leave a copy behind that was semi-transparent permanently you couldn't get rid of?
Riley D. said: Alexander said: Riley D. said: Adds back in support for the "numbers" on the status markers! Unfortunately, the numbers still seem to be broken, just in a different way. When I use just the standard color dots, the numbers work. As soon as I try to use numbers on anything besides the colored dots, the whole thing breaks. As in, I largely lose the ability to put any marker on the token. The symbol will still highlight, as though it were selected, but nothing will appear on the token. What's more, this affect persists for that token forever, at least as far as I can tell so far. Even reloading only partially fixed it, causing some markers that were not showing to then appear. Attempting to put new ones on, however, still results in it being broken. Copying and pasting the token resets it for the new copy, but the problem quickly reappears if I try to put numbers on non-colored dot statuses. Okay noted! Let me pass that along. Hey there -- we think we just pushed out a quick fix for this, can you let us know if it's still happening to you? Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Riley D. said: Hey there -- we think we just pushed out a quick fix for this, can you let us know if it's still happening to you? Thanks! I can confirm that this token marker behavior was working broken as reported before the fix. It's better after the fix, there are still some existing issues: Token Marker placement is still too far into the token area Custom token markers still cannot receive numbers. Dots yes, custom, no.
I had a weird "Glitch" in my Jumpgate game and the Jukebox. I uploaded a track and it appeared TWICE in the List. I removed it completely and re-uploaded it via "Manage Audio" in the Tools menu and it appeared only once... So this might be a jumpgate Bug, too! And last time I checked it was not logged...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jumpgate Request: Could the Ctrl/Cmd-W to close a browser tab be co-opted by Roll20 (much as Ctrl/Cmd-F is currently), to close the topmost handout or character sheet window instead? Bonus if it would ask to save changes where appropriate. I have lost track of the times I have accidentally closed my entire game and lost work while my fingers innocently wanted to close a handout.

Edited 1712866448
Gauss
Forum Champion
I will counter Keith's request...I dislike when applications, such as Roll20 co-opting Ctrl+F co-opt commands normally used for other things. I would very much like Ctrl+F to not be co-opted. (Sorry Keith)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss said: I will counter Keith's request...I dislike when applications, such as Roll20 co-opting Ctrl+F co-opt commands normally used for other things. I would very much like Ctrl+F to not be co-opted. (Sorry Keith) I'm fine with that bit. Ctrl-W has so much potential to be destructive, though. I was using Ctrl-F as an example that it should(?) be possible.
Gauss
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Gauss said: I will counter Keith's request...I dislike when applications, such as Roll20 co-opting Ctrl+F co-opt commands normally used for other things. I would very much like Ctrl+F to not be co-opted. (Sorry Keith) I'm fine with that bit. Ctrl-W has so much potential to be destructive, though. I was using Ctrl-F as an example that it should(?) be possible. My problem with that: I am a keyboard command user. Ctrl+W does indeed close the tab, and I use it to close Roll20. With that said I could see it being co-opted to protect others since it is rarely used. BUT, there are other keys which could be equally destructive and I do use regularly in Roll20. Will they all be co-opted? Ctrl+R for example?
Gauss said: keithcurtis said: Gauss said: I will counter Keith's request...I dislike when applications, such as Roll20 co-opting Ctrl+F co-opt commands normally used for other things. I would very much like Ctrl+F to not be co-opted. (Sorry Keith) I'm fine with that bit. Ctrl-W has so much potential to be destructive, though. I was using Ctrl-F as an example that it should(?) be possible. My problem with that: I am a keyboard command user. Ctrl+W does indeed close the tab, and I use it to close Roll20. With that said I could see it being co-opted to protect others since it is rarely used. BUT, there are other keys which could be equally destructive and I do use regularly in Roll20. Will they all be co-opted? Ctrl+R for example? Even better would be an optional game or account setting to have Roll20 co-opt OS commands so that for players who want to use it in a specific way within Roll20 they have that option, and for others it would work normally. 
keithcurtis said: Riley D. said: Hey there -- we think we just pushed out a quick fix for this, can you let us know if it's still happening to you? Thanks! I can confirm that this token marker behavior was working broken as reported before the fix. It's better after the fix, there are still some existing issues: Token Marker placement is still too far into the token area Custom token markers still cannot receive numbers. Dots yes, custom, no. Okay so what I'm seeing is, dots + the built-in library of token marker images can get numbers applied. Custom token marker images cannot (although they don't break, just no number shows up). Is that what you're seeing?

Edited 1712928809
Riley D. said: Hey there -- we think we just pushed out a quick fix for this, can you let us know if it's still happening to you? Thanks! As a previous poster mentioned, it is better now, but still not 100%. The token markers no longer seem to break, no matter what combination of them I click. The numbers themselves only work on the colored dots, however. I still cannot use them on custom status markers. When I try, the marker will appear, it just won't have a number on it. Edit: I also just tested, and the numbers do work on the built-in library of marker images. It just seems to be custom token marker images where they don't work at the moment. Also, I greatly appreciate the speed of fixes (or attempted fixes, as the case may be). Very helpful for me, since I am already trying to run my games in Jumpgate exclusively (no choice if I want to use dynamic lighting due to players with potato computers). We had actually stopped for several months because I wanted to hold out for Jumpgate in hopes the performance improvements would allow me to use dynamic lighting again.  That said, is there any news on the @{target} bug? Specifically, where players cannot use @{target} on a token they do not have control of? I know that target functionality is probably less widely used than other issues, but this is an extremely painful problem for my games, as my system is almost 100% reliant on @{target} functionality. Having to hand out control of everything to do anything is extremely painful for many reasons. It isn't quite game breaking, if only because we can technically work around it, but it introduces many difficulties and trade offs. 
Riley, RE: Specific API Scripts that don’t work. @Flight:  It’s supposed to show a number and a wing status marker for each digit, but now only shows one flight status marker for the first digit. For example, If you select 25 feet, it should show:  2-Wing 5-Wing.  It now only shows a 2-Wing.    
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Riley D. said: Okay so what I'm seeing is, dots + the built-in library of token marker images can get numbers applied. Custom token marker images cannot (although they don't break, just no number shows up). Is that what you're seeing? Yes, this is the behavior I am seeing. That and the existing intrusive placement issue of the markers themselves.
Midnite Oil
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Riley D. said: Hey there!  We do appreciate you giving it a try. Would you have any info to share on what API Scripts specifically weren't working? And then when you say dragging tokens would appear to duplicate them, what do you mean by that? Like just dragging the token around the map would...leave a copy behind that was semi-transparent permanently you couldn't get rid of? Well one for sure was broken was my "Die" macro. It plays an FX (which I know is currently not implemented in Jumpgate) and marks the token with big red X and moves it to the map layer. It displayed the message that FX wasn't available yet but also didn't execute the rest of the script. Group init didn't work and a few others I can't remember. However, it may be because the sandbox had crashed.  /fx nova-blood @{selected|token_id} !token-mod --ids @{selected|token_id} -- set statusmarkers|dead !token-mod --set layer|map

Edited 1712945535
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Auras continue to be problematical on rotated tokens (Click to animate):
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is the list of known issues being updated? I can see a number of reports above that are not reflected there. Posting new issues and using strikethru on fixes would help beta testers see the progress, and test fixes as they are made.
I'm fairly certain the known issues page isn't being updated.  I logged about larger maps running worse which still doesn't seem to have been addressed at all and isn't listed there.
Jonathan K. said: I'm fairly certain the known issues page isn't being updated.  I logged about larger maps running worse which still doesn't seem to have been addressed at all and isn't listed there. It is definitely not being updated! I logged a few things, too and they never appeared in that document...
Alexander said: Riley D. said: Hey there -- we think we just pushed out a quick fix for this, can you let us know if it's still happening to you? Thanks! As a previous poster mentioned, it is better now, but still not 100%. The token markers no longer seem to break, no matter what combination of them I click. The numbers themselves only work on the colored dots, however. I still cannot use them on custom status markers. When I try, the marker will appear, it just won't have a number on it. Edit: I also just tested, and the numbers do work on the built-in library of marker images. It just seems to be custom token marker images where they don't work at the moment. Also, I greatly appreciate the speed of fixes (or attempted fixes, as the case may be). Very helpful for me, since I am already trying to run my games in Jumpgate exclusively (no choice if I want to use dynamic lighting due to players with potato computers). We had actually stopped for several months because I wanted to hold out for Jumpgate in hopes the performance improvements would allow me to use dynamic lighting again.  That said, is there any news on the @{target} bug? Specifically, where players cannot use @{target} on a token they do not have control of? I know that target functionality is probably less widely used than other issues, but this is an extremely painful problem for my games, as my system is almost 100% reliant on @{target} functionality. Having to hand out control of everything to do anything is extremely painful for many reasons. It isn't quite game breaking, if only because we can technically work around it, but it introduces many difficulties and trade offs.  The @target bug is definitely a priority for us, I'll see what movement we can get on that this week. We really appreciate you taking the plunge with us and using Jumpgate for your games!
keithcurtis said: Is the list of known issues being updated? I can see a number of reports above that are not reflected there. Posting new issues and using strikethru on fixes would help beta testers see the progress, and test fixes as they are made. I will do a pass and update that on Monday, thanks for the reminder. Been focused more on the forums and all that but it's important to keep that up to date as well.
Did another playest and it went smoother this time now that the dreaded white screen of death was fixed. Some new issues that popped up, -Can't pan/move the map (Possibly due to tabbing out), reloading the page seems to fix it. -Trying to Flip Horizontal a token requires clicking it two times -As a GM, I prefer the ease to hover over layers and then pick the layer for the token vs clicking the Change Layer then clicking which specific layer.  -Numbers for health bars are still blurry -Still would like a D&D Beyond version of dynamic lighting being able to erase areas for players to view
Ran into a few issues that required refreshing to fix The measurement tool wouldn't work when I switched it to radial. Then continued to not work switching to line or anything until I refreshed. A player I had couldn't see their character token after dragging them out from the journal until refreshing. Some tokens still exist on the field after hitting the Delete key on them, until refreshing. (Players were seeing the ghosts of some owlbears apparently) The status effect token marker does not like color...? I struggled getting the colorful dots on a token until refreshing. Then struggled getting some red/green status icons to show up, but the black/white versions worked just fine. This issue with the red/green markers did not fix upon refreshing. My one solution failed me. Another thing refreshing didn't fix and a problem I've seen mentioned by someone else is the text is messed up. I've noticed it's with very specific fonts: Contrail One and Kaushan Script . It appears to always break off the last word. (i.e. "Lost Ashes of a Wayward Gnome" will put "Gnome" on a new line / "The Dark Hunt" will likewise put "Hunt" on a new line) (Using Windows + Firefox browser)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DM Deadman said: -Still would like a D&D Beyond version of dynamic lighting being able to erase areas for players to view That would likely require a total re-write of the DL system, since it is currently vector based. From what I am given to understand, the eraser in DDB erases pixels?
Also copied another game over to Jumpgate and some of the tokens show up as white squares,
Hello, When a players select his token (option : show names and bars when pointed), all others players & GM see them. But they will stay permanently, if the player deselect them it will still stay for all players but GM can unshow them by passing on the token but players can't.
Dungeon of the Mad Mage takes too long to load maps, Also when map is finally loaded there are no scroll bars.

Edited 1713134818
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hultz (Keeper of Secrets) said: Dungeon of the Mad Mage takes too long to load maps, Also when map is finally loaded there are no scroll bars. I can confirm this. For the first three map pages of that module (Remastered version) the load times are as follows (nearest second) Legacy Page 1 - 2s Page 2 - 2s Page 3 - 3s Jumpgate Page 1 - 8s Page 2 - 8s Page 3 - 16s Jumpgate had no scroll bars Chrome  Mac OS (Mac Mini M1) I tested each game twice, to account for any caching. Times remained consistent.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
There aren’t supposed to be scroll bars, as explained by Riley D above.  Hultz (Keeper of Secrets) said: Dungeon of the Mad Mage takes too long to load maps, Also when map is finally loaded there are no scroll bars.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Andrew R. said: There aren’t supposed to be scroll bars, as explained by Riley D above.  Oop, yeah, there it is back on page 2 . Just as well, I don't think I ever use them anyway. 
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Scrollbar Feedback for Riley D: I don't miss them at all. I usually Size to Fit with the Percentage Zoom and Pan as necessary. Outside of battles, I'm keeping my Map zoomed to 10% to keep the high CPU & GPU troubles at bay. I'm finding putting Tokens off the Map entirely very nice indeed, obviating my use of Fog of War entirely. 
Just a few notes from this weekend: There is some type of layering issue going on. When I try to pull a token to the front or back, its selectability does so, but the art does not. So if I have a 3x3 token atop 2 1x1 tokens, and I try to put the 3x3 token at the back, it still appears on top for both myself and my players, but I can select the other two through it if I know where to click. For at least one of my players, the click through effect only worked for selecting a token, but they could not target their own token (@{target}) through the bigger token. Possibly related to the above (layers), though I am not sure: Sometimes, when putting a token on the GM layer, the players can still see the health bar. The rest of the token disappears, but they can see where the health bar is. Not 100% sure, but this seems to only happen if they can originally see the token on the token layer as normal, and I move it to the GM layer after. When the token is already on the GM layer when the players join the game, they do not seem to notice it.  API scripts seem to run into an infinite loop shutdown much more often. This was always a thing under the legacy version, but it seems to happen much more now. Only tried this is one game so far, so not 100% sure, just what it seemed to be. As an aside, for both jumpgate and legacy, is there any way to tone down the infinite loop detected protection somewhat? I don't understand what trips it, but it has long been an issue, and I don't feel that I use too many scripts (libtokenmarkers, tokenNameNumber, and Rollable Table Macros, plus a couple of small custom ones, at least currently).
Sounds cool! Might upgrade to check it out.