Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Additional restriction for rolltemplate styling

Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I encountered a new problem using CSS and the roll template styling I didn't find anywhere in the wiki. If a Unicode symbol like `►` is present anywhere in the CSS,  the styling of the rolltemplate will be ignored. .rarrow::before{      content:"►"; } You can use the Unicode in the HTML without any problems.

Edited 1713913194
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you saying any unicode breaks rolltemplate styling, or just this character?
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That's a good question... so far, the ones I am sure about are all the Unicode arrows and triangles and the Unicode eye (I used the pictos instead). Just to be sure, I would say avoid any symbols not generally present in a qwerty keyboard, but it requires more testing.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
anything with a high byte number will trigger.

Edited 1713936508
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've used similar css content symbols without issue. example; Maybe it only works on legacy now?
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It could be, I didn't  have any issues with the legacy sheet, the problem was using the CSE.

Edited 1713937299
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
actually, this is working code for me on a current CSE sheet .charsheet .current-encumbrance:checked ~ span:last-child::before { content: '▶'; font-size: var(--text-med); margin: 0 0.5em 0 0; } .charsheet .current-encumbrance:checked ~ span:last-child::after { content: '◀'; font-size: var(--text-med); margin: 0 0 0 0.5em; }
Marco M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Do the templates for your rolls look good in chat? when I use it, it works perfectly for the sheet, but it screws the styling of all the custom rolltemplates (except the defaults). The problem disappeared when I stopped using them. There is a small chance that is related to SASS and the content. (I haven't tried to use raw CSS).

Edited 1713938232
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roll template is fine.  I have seen where css un-related to roll templates can cause the roll template to get completely ignored though.  Specifically, I was using a @container or @media break point with a greater than symbol instead of min-width...  Worked for the sheet but wiped the roll template.