Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

The Jumpgate Beta for Pro Users Has Arrived!

Edited 1715808210
Gauss
Forum Champion
Royii said: Gauss said: Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG It sounds like your maps are either too high quality or too large in size. Could you invite me to a game of yours? I'd like to see what kinds of images you are uploading, see if I could make any suggestions.  Yes add me on discord RoyFr, will be easier Please send a private message via Roll20, alternately you can find me on the r/Roll20 Discord server .  If I were to add everyone that wanted me to add them I'd have hundreds of "friends". 

Edited 1715830496
I would also say that if Roll 20 ever wants to get into the animated maps game that most other services offer (as in uploading entire maps that are already animated), the service will need to be able to handle 10-20MB maps and bigger. I hope Jumpgate is looking to do that. I just tested out Jumpgate with my ongoing campaign, and having a couple issues with animations:  Animations just randomly stop and I can't start them again unless I refresh the page They all seem to have a weird grey overlay on them - the right shows the orange light animation preview from the sidebar, nice and vibrant, and the highlighted box is the animation dropped on the page, barely visible at all and showing a lot of grey/black in the animation. This only happens in Jumpgate, I dragged the exact same animation onto the regular version of the game, and it looks right. Also, I have no scrollbar for my maps for some reason. I have to right click to move the map around.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Briar said: Also, I have no scrollbar for my maps for some reason. I have to right click to move the map around. Scrollbars not being present in Jumpgate is a design choice the Devs are currently going with.  However, you can still scroll using your scrollwheel (up/down) or shift+scrollwheel (side to side) if you set your wheel to pan instead of zoom (My Settings tab, Keyboard Shortcuts, Change "Use Scroll to..." from Zoom to Pan)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss said: Briar said: Also, I have no scrollbar for my maps for some reason. I have to right click to move the map around. Scrollbars not being present in Jumpgate is a design choice the Devs are currently going with.  However, you can still scroll using your scrollwheel (up/down) or shift+scrollwheel (side to side) if you set your wheel to pan instead of zoom (My Settings tab, Keyboard Shortcuts, Change "Use Scroll to..." from Zoom to Pan) It is also possible to scroll using a right click drag on the background.
Yep yep, that's what I've been doing - good to know it's a design choice, but the documentation should probably be updated: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360039734913-Tabletop-Overview#h_01H9J6R8DS4J4TC23P625YKCD8" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360039734913-Tabletop-Overview#h_01H9J6R8DS4J4TC23P625YKCD8</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Briar said: Yep yep, that's what I've been doing - good to know it's a design choice, but the documentation should probably be updated: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360039734913-Tabletop-Overview#h_01H9J6R8DS4J4TC23P625YKCD8" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360039734913-Tabletop-Overview#h_01H9J6R8DS4J4TC23P625YKCD8</a> It almost certainly will be once Jumpgate is finalized. The scrollbars still exist in the current VTT.
Hi Briar - I sent you a direct message to request more details so we can troubleshoot. Briar said: I would also say that if Roll 20 ever wants to get into the animated maps game that most other services offer (as in uploading entire maps that are already animated), the service will need to be able to handle 10-20MB maps and bigger. I hope Jumpgate is looking to do that. I just tested out Jumpgate with my ongoing campaign, and having a couple issues with animations: &nbsp;Animations just randomly stop and I can't start them again unless I refresh the page They all seem to have a weird grey overlay on them - the right shows the orange light animation preview from the sidebar, nice and vibrant, and the highlighted box is the animation dropped on the page, barely visible at all and showing a lot of grey/black in the animation. This only happens in Jumpgate, I dragged the exact same animation onto the regular version of the game, and it looks right. Also, I have no scrollbar for my maps for some reason. I have to right click to move the map around.

Edited 1715977179
We had better success this last Wednesday. Combat went smoothly for the players, with only one instance of a player experiencing a grey freeze. As the DM, I was struggling a bit more. For some reason I'm seeing a lot issues panning across a map, where it stutters and stops then quickly catches back up. I suppose it could be a loading issue, but these maps are only 5-10 MB in size and my players aren't reporting any scrolling issues.&nbsp; Also had one instance where I switched to a different tab on my browser and on switching back, the VTT crashed and had to be reloaded. It may be due to dynamic lighting settings. My Landing Page with a much larger map size does experience this issue at all, but I'm not sure why the GM would see performance issues with Dynamic Lighting just panning the page.
Hello! Just getting one of my games converted to JG today, and so far pretty good! One issue, not sure the cause, at one point I was on a map screen and it went sort of gray, like an overlay, and locked up -- then it started flashing. Reloading R20 fixed the issue, but that's going to be a hassle if it happens while I'm running a game.
Oh, and one other issue -- I used the measure tool to draw a circle and set it to visible to all and had it linger. Deleted it, left that map, returned to the map, and the circle I'd drawn was still there. Deleted it, left that map, returned, and the circle was there again.
last thing, when I drag a token to a gridded map (with grid on in the settings) and I drop the token on a line of the grid, it stays in that orientation to the grid even if I use the arrow keys to move it around. I have to use the mouse to shift it slightly so that the token will lock into the grid as I want it to. The behavior of dropping it onto a line of the grid is the same as before, but in the older version, if I used the arrow keys to move the token after I'd dropped it, then the token would snap into the grid without me having to move it with the mouse.
Gauss said: Royii said: Gauss said: Royii said: Hello, 10MB to 20 MB per map, JPG It sounds like your maps are either too high quality or too large in size. Could you invite me to a game of yours? I'd like to see what kinds of images you are uploading, see if I could make any suggestions.&nbsp; Yes add me on discord RoyFr, will be easier Please send a private message via Roll20, alternately you can find me on the r/Roll20 Discord server .&nbsp; If I were to add everyone that wanted me to add them I'd have hundreds of "friends".&nbsp; I understand, but my new computer fixed that, so it was from my graphic card, not from my connection
Anyone else having JG freeze on occasion?
First time trying Jumpgate and instantly noticed a small bug. When you resize the chat box, the map doesn't always expand to fit the available area.&nbsp; The issue is made worse as sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.&nbsp; Using browser zoom to narrow the chat box by making the text smaller does make the map area larger and sometimes it will stay as it should be even when I enlarge the text again and reduce the size of the chat box, however I then transfer to another map and the gab between the map and the chat box is back.&nbsp;&nbsp; I know this isn't a major issue for most people, but it is a bit annoying for me. Screenshot to show the issue.
It looks like if you refresh a page it resets all rotated tokens to default position.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Roll Token Bug I can create a roll token, drag that to the map. I can right-click the token and the random and choose options work. However, once I assign the token to a character sheet, selecting random will cause an empty image and the token is now broken on the map. If I try to "choose" a token image, there are no options to select from, the options are empty. Broken token after "random" option is used. No Images in "Choose" token
DM Deadman - thanks for sharing. We have gotten a couple reports of this and are working on a refactor aiming to reduce instances of VTT freezing and lagging. We hope to have this out in the next couple of weeks, and I'll make a post on this forum when that's out. DM Deadman said: Anyone else having JG freeze on occasion?

Edited 1716245512
Lavi
Roll20 Team
Hi&nbsp; McBeardly &nbsp;- We're not able to reproduce this issue on our side. If you see this happening, could you share the steps you took to see this behavior? Screenshots could also be helpful here. McBeardly said: It looks like if you refresh a page it resets all rotated tokens to default position.
I want to vote for adding the scrollbar on the maps back instead of just using the mouse to drag.&nbsp;
I know one of my players (who has an older laptop he plays on) would prefer the scroll bars back.&nbsp; I don't mind it, but he doesn't even have a mouse (he's a bit of a technophobe..)
One other JG thing I've noticed: I use the Combat Tracker api/mod for a 5e game using the OGL sheet, and in my regular game, Combat Tracker works as expected, but in the JG version, the current turn marker functionality in CT doesn't appear to work.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ken R. said: I use the Combat Tracker api/mod for a 5e game using the OGL sheet, and in my regular game, Combat Tracker works as expected, but in the JG version, the current turn marker functionality in CT doesn't appear to work. According to the thread in the Mods forum, CombatTracker isn’t supported any more, and the author has created CombatMaster. You should mention your troubles with CombatTracker in the Mods forum too.&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
JASON H. said: I want to vote for adding the scrollbar on the maps back instead of just using the mouse to drag.&nbsp; Yes, if they can do it, an option to show/hide scroll bars would be nice. However, they are facing an issue with scrollbars. Standard scrollbars only work with a known height and width, but since the new map allows you to scroll beyond the size of the map, there is no set heigh and width. In order for scrollbars to work, it requires custom development and figuring out the behavior of the scrollbar as you scroll around the map, which is problematic since the effective height and width will constantly be changing.&nbsp;
MadCoder said: JASON H. said: I want to vote for adding the scrollbar on the maps back instead of just using the mouse to drag.&nbsp; Yes, if they can do it, an option to show/hide scroll bars would be nice. However, they are facing an issue with scrollbars. Standard scrollbars only work with a known height and width, but since the new map allows you to scroll beyond the size of the map, there is no set heigh and width. In order for scrollbars to work, it requires custom development and figuring out the behavior of the scrollbar as you scroll around the map, which is problematic since the effective height and width will constantly be changing.&nbsp; It's not something I care about too much myself (I use the mousewheel to scroll up/down and shift+mousewheel to scroll left/right), but it's not a new concept in software UI:&nbsp; <a href="https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/24813/with-infinite-scrolling-do-scrollbars-still-make-sense" rel="nofollow">https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/24813/with-infinite-scrolling-do-scrollbars-still-make-sense</a> I think a "spring method" would satisfy what users are looking for: a scroll bar that can be pulled up/down or left/right and it springs back to the center of the full bar when the mouse is let go of. The further to the end that you pull the bar, the faster the page scrolls.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jarren said: MadCoder said: JASON H. said: I want to vote for adding the scrollbar on the maps back instead of just using the mouse to drag.&nbsp; Yes, if they can do it, an option to show/hide scroll bars would be nice. However, they are facing an issue with scrollbars. Standard scrollbars only work with a known height and width, but since the new map allows you to scroll beyond the size of the map, there is no set heigh and width. In order for scrollbars to work, it requires custom development and figuring out the behavior of the scrollbar as you scroll around the map, which is problematic since the effective height and width will constantly be changing.&nbsp; It's not something I care about too much myself (I use the mousewheel to scroll up/down and shift+mousewheel to scroll left/right), but it's not a new concept in software UI:&nbsp; <a href="https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/24813/with-infinite-scrolling-do-scrollbars-still-make-sense" rel="nofollow">https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/24813/with-infinite-scrolling-do-scrollbars-still-make-sense</a> I think a "spring method" would satisfy what users are looking for: a scroll bar that can be pulled up/down or left/right and it springs back to the center of the full bar when the mouse is let go of. The further to the end that you pull the bar, the faster the page scrolls. Nice one!
I couldn't care less for Scrollbars with Jumpgate Games as I simply don't need them. I use the right mouse button to pan freely around the map and I really enjoy that you can move the map freely instead of it being fixed like with the non-jumpgate games...
I'm having an issue with JG right now, trying to setup dynamic lighting using the Pen tool on the Lighting layer, and not only is it no longer showing the strand path, but every few clicks it wont set the line, it will skip it.
Articblast
Pro
API Scripter
As a MAC user, I like being able to two finger press and hold to pan freely around the map.&nbsp; It feels very natural.
Thanks for sharing, DM Deadman - the team is looking into this one as we've received a couple of related reports. DM Deadman said: I'm having an issue with JG right now, trying to setup dynamic lighting using the Pen tool on the Lighting layer, and not only is it no longer showing the strand path, but every few clicks it wont set the line, it will skip it.
Finally tried Jumpgate for a game last night, and it did not go particularly well. I seem to remember there being a problem with targeting with some APIs, so that wasn't entirely unexpected but was annoying.&nbsp; The main issue was it kept freezing when the party split up or joined back up again.&nbsp; Move someone to a different map and both they and I had to refresh the browser.&nbsp; There were other niggles as well, losing and inch of map width, the placement of the status marker, the size of the blue corner markers around a token not seeming to zoom correctly when zooming the map in and out, there were times when you could hardly see a selected token as all the blue corner and midway edge markers just formed a single blue square where the token was. Today I was back on the original engine for my game, and everything seemed to go so much smoother.&nbsp; I know Jumpgate was sold as using less CPU and GPU power, but to be honest when checking the load on the computer it wasn't making that much difference.
Bit late to the party, as I've only just got round to running my first Jumpgate Game, so I apologise for raising issues I experienced that have already been mentioned. 1 - Had a number of issues with crashes when switching screens, predominantly when using the "Teleport" Mod, but also when using the Party Tab in the Page Bar to drag between maps.&nbsp; 2 -&nbsp; Had a lot of instances where the whole thing just stopped, couldn't click on anything and needed a refresh on the browser to fix. 3 - Lighting... quite a few issues here. Both with Light Walls that been installed through the UVTT and with manually drawn, with players being able to see a darkened version of what is behind a wall. Hitting the Fog of War temporarily fixed this, but it did happen quite a few times. 4 - We had one particularly unusual instance where a player could see from 2 positions at the same time. It was like his vision was available from the place he started from before moving, and also where he arrived at. I didn't have time to catch a screen shot but if you imagine a four room square with two doors in each room (4 in total), imagine he had started in the Northeast room and moved through the door to the South East room, he could now see through the doors to both rooms to the west. (Hope that makes sense) 5 - Pings. The players could only see pings in an area they could see. So if did a "Focus Ping" on an area they couldn't see, they would get the Focus pull, but not see the ping itself. They were unable to ping from either side of a wall. If this is deliberate I'd really like an option to turn it back on. I'll have a chat with them tomorrow and see what others they recall, and next Thursday I'll be ready with some screen grabs. On the plus side, when its working its fast and not experiencing any latency on cloudy maps loading into clarity. Good stuff!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's been brought up in the suggestion forums recently that the non-jumpgate interface is missing a monospace font option in the text-tool drop-down.&nbsp; Any possibility of adding that into Jumpgate?
Another issue I noticed with JG is that when I try to use my spell tokens they can't be moved behind the player/enemy tokens now. By spell token, I mean creating a character, naming it the spell, giving it a token and then placing it on the battlemap.
BUG When you select "Polygon" on the Map Layer you cannot see the lines anymore! (Which was the case at the start of Jumpgate! And it would be REALLY nice, if this would be reimplemented!) BUT my Problem is this: I click on start and endpoint and the line is drawn. So far so good! Now I hit ESCAPE to end the Polygon with that point. I expect it to just end there and if I switch to another tool the line will stay! Instead, hitting Escape DELETES the last line so drawn...
Honestly with the amount of lag I'm getting and the dyanmic lighting issues I think im just going to switch back to normal Roll20. It's too much of a hassel as is right now.
I have one page in a game I converted to Jumpgate that immediately crashes Roll20. I am sporadic instances when the web app just freezes and locks up (at least 5 or 6 times per session) I have a couple of custom scripts that use the `sendPing` command that no longer work. I tried to convert a game that I started as Jumpgate from scratch back to the old style. None of my dynamic lighting polygons existed afterwards.
The team is working on a fix for this as we speak. We expect to have this out next week. TheMarkus1204 said: BUG When you select "Polygon" on the Map Layer you cannot see the lines anymore! (Which was the case at the start of Jumpgate! And it would be REALLY nice, if this would be reimplemented!) BUT my Problem is this: I click on start and endpoint and the line is drawn. So far so good! Now I hit ESCAPE to end the Polygon with that point. I expect it to just end there and if I switch to another tool the line will stay! Instead, hitting Escape DELETES the last line so drawn...
Another ISSUE I had just now: The map dimmed, for a short time some kind of Popup was seen but before I could do anything with it it vanished! Map STAYED Dimmed and I could NOT do anything with it anymore... could not move Tokens, could not move the map... ... ...
Carl thanks for your feedback. The team is working on a refactor to help solve the freezes/lock ups . We do not support converting a Jumpgate game back to classic - it's a one way trip. Our Help Center has a bit more on this.&nbsp; Carl Swan said: I have one page in a game I converted to Jumpgate that immediately crashes Roll20. I am sporadic instances when the web app just freezes and locks up (at least 5 or 6 times per session) I have a couple of custom scripts that use the `sendPing` command that no longer work. I tried to convert a game that I started as Jumpgate from scratch back to the old style. None of my dynamic lighting polygons existed afterwards.

Edited 1716584069
Another Issue: Jukebox tracks randomly pause and play again... REALLY annoying! Kinda ruined my game today! Besides: Regarding to the changelog it is now possible to Transmog vom Non-Jumpgate Games to JumpGate games... maybe this is the cause for this bug...

Edited 1716741821
I've just been reminded of another issue that we had with the Jumpgate game. Macros. The players could only see the Macros that were made via their own sheets. I had created 2 standard "Flashlight" macros and a "Mystery Roll" macro (Roll20 Call of Cthullhu 7E character sheet) in the GM "Collection" Tab, (and had them set to "Show as Token Action") but none of them appeared in the window for any of the players.&nbsp; (Edit to add: From my GM view I can see the "Show as Token Action" macros on the screen when I highlight any Token that's attached to a character, and they work for me. But they don't work for the players using their own characters' tokens.)
Have you shared the Macros in question with all of your players? Cause if not, only you will be able to see those... Tommy said: I've just been reminded of another issue that we had with the Jumpgate game. Macros. The players could only see the Macros that were made via their own sheets. I had created 2 standard "Flashlight" macros and a "Mystery Roll" macro (Roll20 Call of Cthullhu 7E character sheet) in the GM "Collection" Tab, (and had them set to "Show as Token Action") but none of them appeared in the window for any of the players.&nbsp; (Edit to add: From my GM view I can see the "Show as Token Action" macros on the screen when I highlight any Token that's attached to a character, and they work for me. But they don't work for the players using their own characters' tokens.)
Map Freeze and GPU Error with JumpGate:
Another BUG: Token glitching out: You can see my token on the right and a shadow of it on the left. It jumps between those two positions and is NOT selectable anymore... Refreshing the page Fixes it!

Edited 1716793292
Also Refreshing the Page takes VERY LONG! In Fact I need to clear cache and cookies before I can reenter said campaign... And I wonder why this is the case just now?! EDIT: The Performance on our game yesterday was worse than with any normal game so far... I really don't know what happened but it was really frustrating... Jukebox Bugs were also present... (Track plays for a few seconds, then stops, then plays again for some time, stops again, ... ... ...)
Console Log: