Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Newb here, can I identify a particular characters tokenid then hard code it in to a macro?

I’m using power cards and Token-Mod.   Instead of having to remember to select my character to set the @{selected can I somehow -find the token associated with character XYZ on the current page and call it directly as a variable? I get that each instance of a token has a new ID, but was hoping to remove the “remember to click your dude first” requirement and have the character Chuckles just always use Chuckles’ token as “selected”.  Any guidance appreciated! I may be using wrong terms in searches with my newbness but I’m not finding how to do it. 
If you are just starting out, I highly recommend you use ScriptCards  instead of Powercards. Kurt J maintains Powercards but ScriptCards is his replacement that he actively maintains and it is super flexible. That said you can use a character name in place of @{selected}. Also you might want to look at timmaugh's  Metascript Toolbox  and in particular  SelectManager . It allows even more selection options. If you want help with ScriptCards, I can probably help. There are a few different ways to accomplish not having to select your token with ScriptCards depending on what exactly you want to accomplish, like if you are making something for multiple NPCs or for a single PC character with at most 1 token per page.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
With TokenMod, you can specify the token by character id: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!blue --ids @{Bob The Slayer|character_id} --current-page --current-page will restrict to just the tokens that represent that character on the page you are currently on.  You can also use --active-pages to do it on any page where someone is currently (split party, multiple GMs, etc).  If you leave it off, it will do every token on every page that represents that character.
Sweet! Thank you all, both for these answers and the tools in general, this is way fun LOL (Geeze I’m a nerd.)