Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unlock Tokens from the Grid

I looked over this board to see if this was already mentioned, so if it has been and I missed it than I apologize. I wanted to suggest an option of completely removing the Grid and unlocking token movement from the grid so that tokens could be moved freely around the play area. For my face to face games I dont use a grid and instead allow the players to move their tokens around freely using a ruler to measure the distance moved. Gives more freedom to movement and would allow for a more system agnostic feel. PS: I realize you can make the grid invisible, so I'm more talking about the token movement.
You can turn off the grid (on a page-by-page basis) in page settings. And if you hold down "alt"/"option" while dragging, rotating, or resizing a token snap-to-grid features will be suspended for the purposes of that drag, rotate, or resize.
Like @Agemegos said, if you click the gear icon on the page that you'd like to disable the grid for, it will bring up "Page Settings" There, you can enable or disable the grid. If you turn it off, no more grid snapping, and you're free to move tokens anywhere you'd like.
Ah well seems that I just missed it then when I was looking. cheers