Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Music/Sound effect Queued by map change/shown handout - Music Search

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kenny T said "Roll for initiative!" A quick and easy transition for players - a logistical nightmare for DM's. We have to switch maps (but before we switch maps go there and make sure everything is hidden/fog of war/lighting in case i forgot to check ahead of time), make sure all the tokens are on the right level, roll for initiative for all the mobs, scroll through the music list to find that perfect battle music etc. Or " The door behind you slams shut and suddenly you hear this... " "...Crap where did i put that sound effect, give me a sec guys." If we could streamline a little bit of this by: A. Adding an option for a preselected sound/music to play when you switch the maps. B. Adding an option for preselected music to play when you display a handout. C. Adding a search option for our personal music library NEW D. Adding the ability to assign a song/sound effect as a token macro (ie a door token can have a button that plays a eerie creaking, a dragon token can have the dragon roar button, etc) Thanks! This is an interesting suggestion that I think could use attention again. I'm posting this as a member not a mod. Pat
Ooh yes, great idea. A token macro sound effect could also play a random sound from a small pool, say a slightly different roar every time you click the "Angry Dragon (Sound)" -button.
Thanks for the thumbs up pat! Hope to get some traction on this!
I think this is a great idea! It would help with gameplay atmosphere and organization.
Slash commands for the Jukebox is my most wanted feature. You could do some fun stuff: /em shoots his pistol [[d20 + blah]] to hit for [[some odd]] damage /Jukebox {pistol sound 1} Also, fixing the jukebox up a bit, making it easier to move things around without having to rename them, the ability to tag them.
Yes pleasreerrre upvite!!
+1 for me
+1
+1 Definitely
+1
Let players pull from their own library choices in the Jukebox for their own macros. Without this, the GM would have to tell them every single sound he's chosen for the campaign and such. Small issue really, but I could foresee it becoming an issue later.
I posted a suggestion where I wanted us to be able to select specific music/sounds from our Jukebox and bind them to specific maps, that would then be played upon placing the Player Flag on the map with the sounds. Which is basicly the same as your A option. Upvoted!
Michael B.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
On a related note, would LOVE for the API to be able to call Jukebox as well. Player steps on hidden trapdoor, reveal image of open trapdoor, freeze token movement temporarily, play sound effect "AAAAAAAaaaaaauuuggghhh...."
Lee Pruitt
Marketplace Creator
Yes, I came to this forum to post this very request! +1
Definitely a good idea, would love to see this. +1
This would be a nice idea, would certainly love to see it since I do have sound effects for certain things. +1
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark R. said: On a related note, would LOVE for the API to be able to call Jukebox as well. Player steps on hidden trapdoor, reveal image of open trapdoor, freeze token movement temporarily, play sound effect "AAAAAAAaaaaaauuuggghhh...." Hear Hear... <-- get it??!... anyway, being able to tie sounds to API would be great for door/trap scripts like Mark said! Got my vote
For something like this, it would also be nice to specify that you'd want to stop playing what is already playing in the Jukebox (and resume after or not). +1 from me.
If I had any votes left i`d vote for this... will throw a vote this way when another vote is freed up
API support for the jukebox is needed. The jukebox is fairly useless in it's current state.
Chris S. said: API support for the jukebox is needed. The jukebox is fairly useless in it's current state. Sad to say, I must agree. Why, for example, does the Jukebox auto-play everything? It'd be nice if a track would either loop or play and STOP, not start up again as soon as I play another track unless I force pause it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Any sound integration would be nice. +1 for API access as well.
I need this badly :O +1
+1
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ding!  "In Development" tag.
Vince said: Ding!  "In Development" tag. Oh yes!
+1 for assigning jukebox tracks to individual maps.  " And on this map, these tracks play, and on this one, these play. :D"
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now complete and live: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2445162/new-update-9-slash-22-jukebox-playlists-tabletop-audio-paypal-macro-renaming-tutorial-and-more" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2445162/new-update-9-slash-22-jukebox-playlists-tabletop-audio-paypal-macro-renaming-tutorial-and-more</a>