Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Automatic condition turn count

Score + 56
Now: If a character is poisoned for 3 rounds, I can select his token, hover over the skull and crossbones condition icon, and press 3. This shows the icon with the number 3 associated with it. Enhanced version: A character is poisoned for three rounds, I select the token, hover over the skull and crossbones condition icon, and press shift-3. This shows the icon with the number 3 associated with it. When the character's turn passes in the turn order dialog, the number is automatically be decremented to a 2. Once the number reaches zero, the condition icon is no longer displayed. Note: the suggestion of using shift when assigning the number is so that we can preserve the old way of operating.
I'd love to see official support for this. As a workaround for now, I've got an initiative/status tracker script that supports this: <a href="https://github.com/manveti/roll20/blob/master/trac" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/manveti/roll20/blob/master/trac</a>... . It's not super polished, but it works reasonably well. Open the initiative tracker, populate it, and sort it. This will start the tracker. Once it's started, you can use the following commands with one or more tokens selected: !status add DURATION ICON DESCRIPTION: Add a DURATION-round status to the selected token(s), with the specified icon and description (use "!status icons" for a list of icon names and aliases; the icon names are shown in the same order they appear in the status popup). !status list: Display all of the tracked status effects on all of the selected tokens (output will be whispered to you; use "!status public list" to write it to public chat) !status remove [ID]: Remove the specified status effect (the ID number of each effect is shown in the "!status list" output; be aware that this ID can change whenever a tracked status effect is removed, so be sure to recheck the ID if the initiative tracker has been advanced or you've removed a status since you got the ID). If you don't specify ID, all tracked status effects will be removed from the selected token(s). There's also a !tracker command which you can use to configure round/turn/expiration announcements and whether initiative progresses from high to low (default) or from low to high. You can use "!status help" and "!tracker help" for more information.
Now that there are turn calculation counters, maybe this feature could be implemented by binding the counter number to the condition icon for the token. Possibly by dragging the condition icon onto the turn counter?
If it helps meanwhile, I've handled this in our games by adding a new item to initiative.&nbsp;Clunky but workable. From&nbsp;Turn Order, click the gear icon, then Add Custom Item named "Fred poisoned" with round calculation of -1, then click Add. Then I drag it to before or after that person in the initiative order (whichever is appropriate) and set the value to say, three rounds. So status effects are always next to the person's name in turn order, and tick down automatically.

Edited 1448037733
Josh
Pro
What I've been doing is always having a turn count in the turn order and just applying a number to the condition icon. &nbsp;For example [sleep icon][6] (hover over the condition icon and press a number). &nbsp;The 6 represents the 1's position. &nbsp;So, if we are on turn 8, I know when the turn hits 16, the condition is done.
Upvote for this. It would be a nice convince to offload this little detail to the machines.
i want this.