Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Resource system is frankly terrible

1788400063

Edited 1788401467
Holy crap the new "Resources" tab/box is horribly designed. I literally just spent half an hour trying to figure out how to even interact with it; only to have to turn to a multi-step tutorial on Reddit. I have to fill my "Features & Traits" with dummy items just to have a box track X/Y things!?  Who thought this was a good idea!? How did you lot manage to make a character sheet THIS clunky!? ... Also the text-boxes don't register I've clicked on them half the time; so that's fun.
What resource tab/box are you referring to? Is this regarding something on a character sheet? If so then please specify which one. There are over 300 game systems being played on Roll20 and many of those systems let you choose between several character sheets. D&D 5E alone has nine different ones (the last time that I checked).
Apologies; this is in reference to the new "5.5E & 5E" character sheet by Roll20... I followed the "leave feedback" link on the very sheet; so I assumed that was self-evident.
1788483431
Gauss
Forum Champion
Mako said: Apologies; this is in reference to the new "5.5E & 5E" character sheet by Roll20... I followed the "leave feedback" link on the very sheet; so I assumed that was self-evident. That link just sends you to the Suggestion forum, it doesn't do anything else (such as fill out which sheet you are working with). 
Ditto what Gauss said. I don't have any useful advice about that particular sheet since I don't use it. Hopefully someone that's more knowledgeable about it will open this thread. Mako said: Apologies; this is in reference to the new "5.5E & 5E" character sheet by Roll20... I followed the "leave feedback" link on the very sheet; so I assumed that was self-evident.
Rick A. said: Ditto what Gauss said. I don't have any useful advice about that particular sheet since I don't use it. Hopefully someone that's more knowledgeable about it will open this thread. Mako said: Apologies; this is in reference to the new "5.5E & 5E" character sheet by Roll20... I followed the "leave feedback" link on the very sheet; so I assumed that was self-evident. Unfortunately: I think the whole "Make dummy features on your character sheet to track resources via this multi-step process" IS "the solution" to my issue if Reddit is to be believed.  So it's less "I have an issue to solve" and more my just lamenting that the system itself is spectacularly badly thought out compared to the previous version of the same feature.  To the point that I just abandoned using the 2024/5.5E sheet and wnet back to the 2014 one instead.  So... now I dont' use it either!
1791008954
Roll20 Dev Team
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .