Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Mod Sandbox not auto-spinning up on VTT launch (Stuck in "shutdown due to campaign inactivity")

1790256284

Edited 1790256460
Hi everyone / Roll20 Support, I am running a campaign that plays bi-weekly. Recently, every time I launch the VTT, none of my Mod (API) scripts work, and I am greeted with the message: "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." The Issue: Previously, the sandbox would quietly boot up in the background whenever I or my players logged into the game session. Now, the automated wake-up trigger seems completely broken for my campaign. The sandbox remains permanently shut down until I manually go to the campaign's Mod Scripts settings page and click "Restart API Sandbox." Once manually restarted, the console outputs Ready with zero errors, and all scripts run completely fine during the session. However, as soon as the campaign sits idle for a few days, it returns to a hard-shutdown state and fails to wake up automatically on the next VTT launch. Details: Script Error Check: Console runs clean with no infinite loops, crashes, or red error logs upon restart. Subscription: Active Pro subscription. Impact: Having to manually navigate outside the VTT to hard-restart the sandbox every single time before/during a session creates unnecessary friction for our group. It seems like my campaign’s backend container or auto-wake listener is stuck or orphaned on an unhealthy node. Could support please take a look or recycle the server container assigned to my campaign? Campaign Link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/19647067/curse-of-strahd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/19647067/curse-of-strahd</a> Thanks!
1790257557

Edited 1790257575
I suggest posting a bug report here: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new</a> Although this forum is for MOD script support, it's mostly other users and MOD creators helping each other out. Posting a help request directly to customer support will get your issue seen faster.
oh sorry,&nbsp; I also got the tip of clearing the chat log archive. it is stable since, but if the issue returns I will do that. thanks!
No problem. Posting here doesn't hurt, and often results in good answers! But with system problems the best bet is always a help request. I'm glad that you found a solution. I've also heard that large chat logs can gum things up. I tend to clear mine as soon as I'm done reviewing our last game session - other GMs need to keep their's longer. Jerome E. said: oh sorry,&nbsp; I also got the tip of clearing the chat log archive. it is stable since, but if the issue returns I will do that. thanks!
1790294664
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh, so just to be completely clear, when the chat log is really large, the Mod sandbox is not automatically starting up on game launch, but as soon as you cleared it, now the Mod sandbox starts automatically on game launch? Jerome E. said: oh sorry,&nbsp; I also got the tip of clearing the chat log archive. it is stable since, but if the issue returns I will do that. thanks!
yes, but unfortunately it returned again after a few hours :( I put in a ticket
Jerome, I got this same message yesterday and very early this morning. In addition, since this morning, I've encountered 3 times today that the Mod Scripts screen locks up. I'm about to post a question on it. FWIW, I'm using the legacy sandbox.
mh weird, I also haven't got a reply to my ticket yet btw. I am using 1.5