Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Darkvision doesn't work

Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there, Just became a subscriber and was trying out dynamic lighting but have come across what might be a bug. Lighting works fine but there is a checkbox in the 'advanced' tab of every character that says ''All players see light'. I am assuming that this is the way that Roll20 implements Darkvision; i.e. a player can 'emit light' but only they can see things by that light if you don't check the checkbox. Except that when I'm logged in as GM and use the Ctrl L, every player can still see by that light whether the box is ticked or not. Also, a player on a different machine/account/IP address can also see by that light when logged in as a different player in control of a different token. Token ownership also doesn't seem to affect who can see. Is this just a bug or a future function not yet implemented? If the latter, can we have it implemented ASAP, as we want to use this feature at our face to face games, as we used to do with maptools? We swapped to Roll20 because of the better stability and multi-platform capability but losing dark-vision would be a real problem...... Oh here are the boring details of system etc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Operating System Windows Windows 7 Screen Resolution 1600 x 900 Web Browser Firefox 32.0 Browser Size 1600 x 689 Color Depth 24 Javascript Yes Flash Version 15.0.-1 Cookies Yes User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0 regards Stephen
Gauss
Forum Champion
Your assumption regarding how to implement darkvision is correct. It works fine. The problem is with Ctrl+L. There is a known issue regarding Ctrl+L when you use the "Enforce Line of Sight" setting. The best way to determine what a token can see is to give yourself control of the token and then switch to player mode.
Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Gauss! That's what I thought!

Edited 1415689776
Gauss
Forum Champion
NP
Should be fixed now.