Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Highlighting Crits

When you roll max on a die using the double brackets such as [[d20+7]], it highlights green on a roll of 27. Is there a method to set up a macro which highlights on different numbers? My group has been using the roll20 character sheets which are quite awesome. Unfortunately this makes the macros that use fields from the sheet fairly messy and makes it hard to sort out the actual die roll. In Pathfinder different weapons have different crit ranges. For those that only crit on a natural 20, the fact the attack roll is highlighted is awesome. What I would like to do is set up a macro which rolls a D20 and highlights the result on a range of numbers other than max and min.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At this time only the crits (20's and 1's) are highlighted. I think there is an API script that highlights crit ranges but not sure. I also think there is a suggestion made about altering the highlighting code to where you can set the range but that I'm not sure of. If there is not you could make a suggestion.
Rollable tables with custom images representing the faces of the die with whatever coloring you want.
Pulling from the OP's idea, can a macro contain an 'if' function? Kinda "If this d20 roll is a 19 or 20, then say 'roll to confirm crit!' "

Edited 1414512368
Unfortunately no. The Macro system does not have an If/Then/Else statement. Check out Macros - Pathfinder Examples for some example Pathfinder attack Macros. Search the page for " Calculating Crits: " **** Specifically: Calculating Crits: Aside from using plain text to describe what constitutes a Crit, you can use inline rolls to tell you the actual final roll value while rolling the Confirm. Ex: Rapiers crit on an 18-20. If I have a +6 attack bonus, that means you would crit on a total roll of 24,25, or 26. (18+6 or higher) You essentially repeat your attack roll portion and replace 1d20 with your lowest crit range (18). Note that when you don't use a roll, you can't use the [ ] descriptions inside an inline roll. Game Note: Pathfinder Crits are your damage and bonus' rolled multiple times, not the result multiplied. /me stabs with his Keen LongSpear(19-20x3)! Attack:[[1d20 + 6[AttackBonus] ]] for [[1d6 + 4[STR] ]] Dmg Crits on [[ 19 + 6 ]] | Confirm:[[1d20 + 6[AttackBonus] ]] Addt'l Crit Damage:[[ ( 1d6 + 4[STR] ) + ( 1d6 + 4[STR] ) ]]
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ryldor said: Pulling from the OP's idea, can a macro contain an 'if' function? Kinda "If this d20 roll is a 19 or 20, then say 'roll to confirm crit!' " I believe the API can handle what you are asking about but you would have to be a mentor subscriber to use the API.