Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with a crit hit deck

i have a crit hit drck typed up in excel, i was hoping to use a rollable table to put it in but it seems i have to use images for that. I am looking for a way to bring this in with out having to scan the deck in to roll20 card by card. I was hoping to copy and paste from my excel sheet. I dont know if a rollable table can start a macro or something. Looking for ideas. Thank you so much.
Rollable tables don't require images. It's just an option you can use.
The only place I can type is in the name line and putting a 4 line discription there does not work all that well. Unless I'm messing something.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hi James! I saw your posting in Specific Use Questions and was looking forward to your post here. Can you go into a bit more detail about how you see this deck working? Will players need to interact with it? When you activate it, will it show the "card" to everyone, or just the GM? Can the same "card" be pulled more than once? (If not, when is the "deck" reshuffled?) Are the "cards" weighted? (as in, x4 more likely to break an arm as you are to sever it.)
Ok my idea was to have it set up that when a crit hit is scored by a pc or named npc i would click on the dmg type "macro" or what ever and it would roll up one of 52 crit hits. I want it to do the math using inline rolls if possible. like --"Eye Wound" Normal damage and Blinded for [[1d4]] rounds-- I went and typed all my cards into a spread sheet trying to avoid scaning all the cards in.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok. So, the GM will run something like this (probably via a macro) !crit-hit piercing and will receive a message like: "Eye Wound" Normal damage and Blinded for 3 rounds after substitution for the inline roll. Will that message only be displayed to the GM, or to the Players as well? Also, does the Eye Wound have less chance of showing up the next time or is this a straight "1 to 52, choose 1" sort of probability?
The players will see it as well and it's staight 1 and 52. When I use the physical deck at home games I just re shuffle it back into the deck.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You mentioned clicking a macro for whatever the damage type is. Can I assume you have a separate deck for each damage type?
I do now.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great. Ok, so big question: Do you want to write a script to do this (and get help from the community as you go), or do you want someone to write this script for you?
Lol I have no clue how to code anything at all so if someone would be willing to write this up that would be amazing.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
OK. Sounds pretty easy. PM me a link to your spreadsheet (or a sample if you'd rather) and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for your help.