Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Bar Issues

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm having a weird issue with token bars and really hope someone can help me sort it out. For whatever reason, my "minion" tokens will let me use the bar (bar 1) to count down their "number" attribute (max 5) from 5 to 1. However, my player character tokens with a "wound" attribute (max 3) will show me the max but will not let me affect it at all. Any clues as to why this is?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are your player's token's bars tied to a character sheet field or just an attribute or nothing? Ditto for your minions.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Players are likely tied to a character sheet field. Minions are tied to an Attribute.

Edited 1415740276
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Which character sheet and which fields? I've noticed a behavior with some fields of a character sheet preventing updating of the field (Armor Class on the 5e Sheet seems to be that way).
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Witch Hunter: The Invisible World. I designed the sheet, but its available on the public list.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Which fields? (Witch fields? XD)
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Wounds is governed by the Injury Level Field in the Combat Section (3rd tab). Just search the html for Injury Level and it should come right up. It's a pull-down menu that sets the attribute from 0 (Healthy – no wounds) to 3 (Dying – 3 wounds). If you look on the Attributes tab (in the character journal), wounds should be the very last attribute.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Has this ever worked? I notice that when I tie to the injuries attribute, I can change it, but it doesn't update the drop-down. Also, the value when set from the character sheet is 2+lpthreshold while the value I type in is just an integer like 3 .
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
It does work. I'll have to go back through the code to figure out what strangled gymnastics I used, but it does work. Essentially, it sets a penalty to dice rolls. I've tested it out and even in the public version it worked (I'm using a more updated version that I've been meaning to push out for awhile). I've never been able to adjust it from the token bars, though. Being able to do that would be icing on the cake. I'll go back through and test it out tomorrow when I have time.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
AHA! Now that I've had a chance to look back over my code, I've discovered my problem. This shed a spotlight on why it can't be adjusted in the token bar. Wounds is actually based on a formula: Injury+Exhaustion-Ignore Injury. I switched the token to track the Injury attribute in the bar and it works fine. It does not, however, adjust the drop down menu accordingly. I'm not sure if that is a bug or just something that cannot be done. Thanks for the help, Aaron!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Awesome!! Glad you got it sorted out. I meant to come back an play with it more but got distracted by everything else I keep meaning to do... =D could you put that in wounds_max or similar and still use the token bar? I'm sure other character sheets must have HP and such based on formulae.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
I dunno? I don't have maxes set for any of these hidden attributes. And it might not play nicely with all the different flaws and talents (an extra penalty here, an extra injury level there), but I can certainly give it a whirl. Might have to wait until this weekend though.