Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

The ability for players to move the turn order to the next turn

Right now unless you are using API scripts the GM is the only person able to move the turn counter to the next turn. This means that the players have tell the GM that they end there turn then the GM has to click on the button to go to the next turn. I think that if a player has control over the token at the top of the tracker then they should be able to end there turn by clicking on the button. The button would then become inactive for that player unless a token that they control is at the top. If the GM decides that the player is taking to long they can click the button on there end. This feature would speed up game play allowing for more things to be done during the game session.
Perhaps this could be solved by adding a third button to the token that when clicked will move the turn order to the next individual if that token is at the top of the initiative list. Fantastic idea I hope it's implemented soon because as a DM I have enough stuff to keep track of during a battle.

Edited 1447276218
I was sort of angry at my players for not passing their turn properly for the first session I ran with normal permissions in place. (Also awkward: Nameplates are not visible by default.) I've already voted for more player control , this is a good step in that direction and is small and targeted enough to possibly sneak into an update. EDIT: Potential concern here with hidden tokens at the top of the initiative order. Having the button grayed out when the player's token appears to be at the top will indicate that there is a hidden token, so if anyone uses this feature for truly hidden tokens then they'll need to manually track those turns. That said, my usual problem with these tokens is my players heading right into their turn before I warn that something else is out there, so this telegraphing would help me out.
A Button for "hold action" would be nice to. So the player can descide if his turn is over or if he is holding his action back.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .