Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Customizable shortcuts

Score + 17

Edited 1433604111
Dan W.
Sheet Author
Problem : Many of the current shortcuts do not lend themselves well to memory. i.e. 'Fog of War Reveal' is 'r r', but 'Fog of War Hide' is 'r t'. It's not clear why that is the case as the letters barely appear in the phrase for what it does at all. Suggestion Let the users define their own single or double-keyboard shortcuts, such as 'f r', or 'f h' for Fog of War Reveal and Fog of Hide, respectively. This is NOT a suggestion for additional shortcuts, just a way of redefining which keystrokes are used to activate an existing shortcut.
I'd love to be able to customize the advanced keyboard shortcuts. I find the default mapping to be too spread out over the keyboard. As a right-handed player who dabbles in FPS games, my left hand is accustomed to sitting on the ASDF keys while my right hand is on the mouse. As a GM in Roll20, I'd like to see something like this (not exhaustive): Map & Background - 1 (move object to map layer is `1 or 1`) Objects & Tokens - 2 (move object to map layer is `2 or 2`) GM Info Overlay - 3 (move object to map layer is `3 or 3`) Dynamic Lighting - 4 (move object to map layer is `4 or 4`) Pan Mode - A Select Mode - S Drawing Shapes - W (with associated secondaries) Fog of War - F (with associated secondaries) Show/Focus Chat Tab - C (CC still works) Show/Focus Art Library - R Show/Focus Journal - J Show/Focus Jukebox - X (maybe pause Jukebox is `X or X`) Show/Focus Settings - E Show Dice Rolling GUI - D Show/Hide Page Toolbar - G Show/Hide Right Sidebar - B Food for thought. It doesn't help left-handed players much and some players not like this layout at all. Just expressing my opinion
I would like to be able to move my character in cardinal directions using the WADS keys. It would make life easier, considering E+MouseScroll rotates the character.
Yes, please.  Let us define which keys we want to use for each function!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nik M. said: I would like to be able to move my character in cardinal directions using the WADS keys. It would make life easier, considering E+MouseScroll rotates the character. not WASD, but you can use the arrow keys.
+1 for all these suggestions. Keyboard based facing would streamline token movement a ton.
James G. said: +1 for all these suggestions. Keyboard based facing would streamline token movement a ton. Just to clarify, this is already implemented, just not with the arrow keys.