Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Character Sheet Poll

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, I need input. I decided to start this thread, because I want specific input. Skills. Currently the Tabbed sheet has no skill slots except for Fighting (which is needed for calculating Parry), and Unskilled (because I just thought it made sense). I hate having fields I'm not using displayed, which was why I went the Repeating Section Route to begin with. However, now that updates have been made to allow dragging and dropping Character Sheet buttons to the macro bar, but repeating sections don't work for that. So, here's what I'm looking for: 1. Should there be some static Skills fields on the form, to allow dragging and dropping to the Macro bar? 2. If so, I don't want to add too many, so I'm thinking 3 maybe 4. Is that too few? Too many? I'm kind of torn, because I wouldn't use that capability, I create Token Actions (which is why I included the macro formula so I could cut and paste easily into a macro), but I realize I'm not the only one who uses this. So, what do you all think?
Honestly I think with Skills being on a different tab, having them all listed would be awesome. Or perhaps is there a way to "Hide" on certain options...Maybe edit shows all, but there is a checkbox to show if it is visible? I've never used the API so I'm not sure it's limits. I, like you, use Token Actions...but what I do like to do is create quick Token actions based on everything already being in the backend: Example: If every skill was listed on the Char sheet, I could make a Token action like so: %{@{selected|token_name}|intimidation} And just call it .Intimidation. This would allow you to fill out the character sheets, and then quickly create Token actions that could be Across the board or for specific tokens since all the skills would be listed. Currently I have a campaign I wanted to switch from the Regular Savage Worlds Char sheet to the Tabbed version...but that would require me rewriting each macro that would already be handled by the sheet because the Repeating Section Route doesn't have a unique name to call for the function (unless of course I'm a newb and I'm missing a very simple way to do that).
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
JoeGun, the tabbed sheet actually has a check box after each repeating section that has buttons that you can click to unhide the macro formula (I guess technically it's an Abilities Formulae) that you can use to cut and paste into a macro-like box. All you need to do is update the number in each repeating section. The formula for skills is: /em @{character_name} attempts to do something with @{repeating_skills_0_SkillName} and rolls: [[{1d@{repeating_skills_0_SkillNameRank}![@{repeating_skills_0_SkillName}], 1d@{wilddie}![Wild Die]}kh1 + @{repeating_skills_0_SkillNameMod}[Other Modifiers] + @{ttmod}[Modifiers] - @{wounds}[Wounds] - @{fatigue}[Fatigue]]]!' What I've done is actually created two base character sheets (Mook and Wild Card) and set up some base Abilities/Macros for the five core Attributes (Agility, Smarts, Spirit, Strength, Vigor) and then Unskilled and Fighting. Then for any additional skills I add, I just copy and paste the formula above (which is on the character sheet already) and update it accordingly. Then I just duplicate the necessary sheet when I need a new one so I don't have to set everything up again. The reason I created the tabbed was because I didn't like having all the skills always available - it makes me twitch. But if people used the regular macro bar, then I could probably add in a couple of static fields (unnamed), so people could use the Macro bar. So, that was why I asked. :) But I'll give your suggestion/recommendation some consideration and see if I can come up with a happy medium. 😀
no worries. Yeah I can copy and paste the macro above. I was just being lazy to be able to type the skills off memory. Thanks for the response!!!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hey, JoeGun - I may have a way to do this, but it may take me a little bit. Let me mess around and see what I can come up with. I want to move some fields around on the Skills section anyway, so...I'll see what I can do. However, it will only support the Core Rules skills (more than likely).
Awesome! Thanks for looking into it! BTW I love the redesigned sheet that just dropped!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks. :)