Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 - Critical Damage generic macro help needed

Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, i've written the following which allows any character to calculate their damage on a critical according to the 3.5 ruleset: @{selected|token_name} strikes mightily for [[1*@{selected|weapon1critmult}d?{Damage Die|?}]] + [[@{selected|weapon1damagestat}[Weapon1DamageStat] +@{selected|weapon1enh}[Weapon1 Enh] +@{selected|weapon1specialize}[Weapon1 Specialization] * @{selected|weapon1critmult}]] + [[?{Other Damage Bonus?|0}[Other Damage Bonus]]] damage! it works out how many dice to roll from their crit multiplier, then adds up all their bonuses and multiplies them by the same amount then allows the player to add any extra damage that isn't subject to the crit multiplier (flaming weapon etc). However, i can't quite get it to work, it will roll the dice but doesn't generate any result in the chat window? Could someone kindly show me the light? Thanks
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Zeichael, The problem is that you can't use labels in calculation only inline rolls; they have to have a roll in them if you want to use the labels. Add a d0 to each of those areas and it should work. :) @{selected|token_name} strikes mightily for [[1*@{selected|weapon1critmult}d?{Damage Die|?}]] + [[d0+(@{selected|weapon1damagestat}[Weapon1DamageStat] +@{selected|weapon1enh}[Weapon1 Enh] +@{selected|weapon1specialize}[Weapon1 Specialization])* @{selected|weapon1critmult}]] + [[d0+?{Other Damage Bonus?|0}[Other Damage Bonus]]] damage!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are a star Diana, thank you so much... i think i've finally cracked the nuances of macros with your help :)