Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Some dnd next macro examples

Edited 1418403209
Hey all, When I first started making macros for my dnd 5 cleric I found it hard to find examples of what I wanted to accomplish. Macros are a lot easier for me to create now but it took a ton of research and keyboard face rolls. The way I label them for spells is 1-spellname and I add the spells I use most as a token action. This also saves you from an error when trying to use a macro that selects your icon when you haven't selected your icon. For my stat macros and attacks I'll add those to the bar so they're at the bottom of the screen and separate from the spells. I'm working on macros now that will ask if you're casting a spell in a higher slot and apply the affect and take away from your allotted spell slots automatically. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. If it helps anyone out, here are some of my macros I use when I play my cleric: Channel divinity The almighty Pelor has deemed you worthy and has graced Hagen with [[5 * @{selected|cleric_level}]] HP to distribute amongst you. Spell Save dc My spell save DC is [[8 + @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] Bane /me casts Bane The target must make a Charisma save: DC [[8 + @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]]. Failure: Subtract [[1d4]] from attack rolls or saving throws for the duration of the spell. Concentration, up to 1 minute Bless /me casts Bless Whenever @{target|Target1|character_name}, @{target|Target2|character_name}, or @{target|Target3|character_name} make an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw. Concentration, up to 1 minute Cure wounds /me casts Cure Wounds Heals [[1d8+2+ @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] HP from @{target|character_name} Guiding Bolt /me casts Guiding Bolt If [[8 + @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] succeeds against the target's AC, target takes [[4d6]] radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against the target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then. Healing Word /me casts Healing Word as a bonus action Heal [[1d4+2+ @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] HP for @{target|character_name} Inflict Wounds /me casts Inflict Wounds If the melee spell attack of [[8 + @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] succeeds against the target's AC, Hagen inflict [[3d10]] necrotic damage on the target. Sanctuary /me casts Sanctuary @{target|character_name} is warded for 1 minute. Any creature that attacks or a casts a harmful spell against @{target|character_name} must first make a Wisdom saving throw, DC [[8 + @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]]. On a failed save, the creature must choose a new target or lose the attack or spell. If @{target|character_name} makes an attack or casts a spell that affects an enemy creature, this spell ends. Shield of faith /me casts Shield of Faith A shimmering field appears and surrounds @{target|character_name} whose AC is now [[@{target|AC} + 2]]. Concentration, up to 10 minutes. AC /me has an AC of [[@{selected|AC} + @{selected|AC_no_armour}]] Crossbow attack /me attacks with his @{selected|rangedweaponname1} [[1d20 + @{selected|dex_mod} + @{selected|PB}]] to hit, for [[1d8 + @{selected|rangeddmgtype1}]] damage. Mace attack /me attacks with his @{selected|meleeweaponname1} [[1d20 + @{selected|strength_mod} + @{selected|PB}]] to hit for [[1d6 + @{selected|strength_mod}]] @{selected|meleedmgtype1} damage, if crit add an extra [[1d6]] damage (savage attacks). <---I add this last crit info because I'm playing a half-orc. Resistance Cantrip /me casts Cantrip: Resistance Once, before the spell ends, @{target|character_name} can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one saving throw of his choice. The roll can be made before or after making the saving throw. The spell then ends. Concentration, up to 1 minute Sacred Flame Cantrip /me casts Cantrip: Sacred Flame @{target|character_name} must succeed on a DEX save DC [[8 + @{selected|PB} + @{selected|wisdom_mod}]] or take [[1d8]] radiant damage. Target cannot benefit from from cover because of the magnificence of Pelor. Spare the Dying Cantrip /me casts Spare the dying /me touches @{target|character_name} and speaks softly of the magnificence of Pelor. @{target|character_name} becomes stable. Initiative /me 's initiative is [[1d20 + @{selected|dexterity_mod}&{tracker}]]

Edited 1418405478
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wow, thanks for sharing Game Maestro. I think You should add this to the wiki so that everyone can benefit.

Edited 1418404554
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
As a cleric and a Mentor, you might be interested in this macro using my TokenMod script: /em applies a Potion of healing to @{target|Target|token_name} !token-mod --set bar3_value|[[{@{target|Target|bar3}+2d4+2, @{target|Target|bar3|Max}d1}kl1]] --ids @{target|Target|token_id} This applies a 5e healing potion to a token, complete with rolling the potion, applying it to the bar, and bounding it to the max. The same technique could be used for any healing spell.
Aaron: Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to target tokens that didn't have character names. Didn't think of using "token_name." I'm going to try this out. Vince: I could.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Game Maestro said: Vince: I could. You should. I wasn't too sure about editing the wiki until I started. :-) It's a great way to share with the roll20 community. I often wonder how many users "re-invent" the wheel everyday.
Yep, I added it to the wiki macro page. I'm not good at formatting stuff for wikis but there it is. When I first started with macros, that page was so damned confusing for me. I still don't understand "nesting abilities" in the way it's presented.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Great Game Maestro. You might be better served to put your examples on the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition since your macros are specific to that rpg, or not. Thanks for sharing.