Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Merge Card Backs

I'm introducing my group's favorite deck building games to roll20. While most of it works, I'm having a bit of a problem with "merging decks." Let's say you're playing Marvel Legendary and you built decks for each of Wolverine, Gambit, Iron Man, and Thor, for example. It is quite easy to blend the cards into decks on the table, but once they're in your hand it shows card counts for each distinctive deck. What's really frustrating is that while these cards all have the same backs, they show up as 2 or more different kinds of cards. I don't want it to tell me that a player has 2 cards from Wolverine's deck, one card from the Maria Hill stack, and a Wound. I want it to tell me the player has 5 cards. Or let's say I'm playing Magic: the Gathering. If I use Aaron's Shuffling Script , it becomes very easy to take a card from two different expansions and shuffle them into the same deck on the table. But once I pick them up and put them back into my hand, it splits them into visible numbers, to the point where my opponent could easily deduce how many cards from the Theros expansion I have left in my hand. Strategically trivial, but still pretty frustrating. The easy solution might be to put them all into one deck, but that involves a tedious amount of rework. Plus it throws the notion of organization out the window since you can't categorize cards by type within sets. Could you allow a way to "group" cards, such that all cards designated as the same grouping will be clumped together in a character's hand?
That would be really helpful if they made a way for that to happen.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .