Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Folders in Character and Handout section

Someone must have asked about this but I couldn't find it.  Please tell me it's possible to make folders for each player or group.  For example; In playing Strange Aeons (A tabletop minis game) we have teams of agents.  There are also various groups of cults and other bad guys.  Would be awesome if I could drop all my characters into "Gary L's" folder under the "Characters" section.
Folders probably aren't going to happen. Instead, Riley implemented tagging. I believe it's live now on all the servers.
Dang!  Why no happen?  Difficult to code?
Tags are a powerful and useful tool for organisation and for sorting, but folders have been on the most wanted list for a long time. I'm also curious why folders 'probably wont' be an option'.
Tags are more flexible. For example, you tag a Dire Rat (Level 1 Brute, Medium Natural Beast) with level 1, brute, medium, natural, beast. This is the same as putting the dire rat in folders with each tags name, but instead of only being able to open one folder, you can use any combination of tags to find all tagged objects like that.
The problem with a tag only section is it finds strings of letters for everything. When searching for ORC I get the sORCeror tokens appearing on top, presumably since they were uploaded first. At first I didnt think it would be an issue but its coming up with more and more words then I would have thought.
+1 for folders...